PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help?

Flarechecklevel
9th Sep 2001, 05:37
I have 1200 hrs rotary (Gazelle) and 100 hours fixed wing (PA28/C152 and Robin 2160). I have been informed that there is an "assistant instructor" rating that can be attained...Is this correct and if so how would I go about achieving it for fixed wing aircraft? I am 29 years old and very keen to fly fixed wing more often. At present I am doing about 50 hrs (fixed wing) per year. Thank you for your time.

Flarechecklevel
1st Oct 2001, 23:01
Well I take it from the amazing response to my question that there isnt an assistant instructor rating...

Does anyone out there become an instructor because they love flying and want to pass on their knowlege of flying to budding pilots or do people just use it as a stepping stone to the airlines??? :confused:

apruneuk
2nd Oct 2001, 01:52
I think you've got the wrong forum! Try posting your question on the Instructors' forum ot speak to Flight Crew Licensing at the CAA (get it from the horse's mouth if you can put up with their damn stupid buck-passing automated switchboard gizmo and have a week to spare!). :confused:

Wibbly P
2nd Oct 2001, 14:19
FCL (did you realise they were your initials?)

For an FI(R)(H)

Pre course requirements:
(Assuming you hold a CPL(H) or higher)

300 Hours Flight time
at least 100 PIC
10 hours instrument flight instruction
20 hours cross country as PIC
FI pre-entry flight test

Course requirements:
30 hours of flight training (of which at least 25 must be dual 5 hours maybe mutual)
125 hours of theory training
Pass a FI skills test with an FIE

For an FI(R)(A)

Assuming you hold a PPL(A)
Total 200 hours flight time
at least 150 hours PIC
30 hours SEP of which 5 are in the past 6 months
10 hours instrument flight instruction
20 hours cross country as PIC
FI pre-entry flight test
CPL (A) theory (NOT CPL(H)Theory)

Course requirements:
30 hours of flight training (of which at least 25 must be dual 5 hours maybe mutual)
125 hours of theory training
Pass a FI skills test with an FIE

Hope that answers your question.

Wibbly P

[ 02 October 2001: Message edited by: Wibbly P ]

Flarechecklevel
9th Oct 2001, 03:06
;)
Thanks so much Wibbly P. Thats great. If your ever near Sherburn I'll buy you a drink.

FCL.

Whirlybird
10th Oct 2001, 21:24
Wibbly P,

Maybe you'll know the answer to a related question. For the FI(H) can any of those 300 hours with 100 PIC be fixed wing? I'm doing my CPL(H) GFT next month, and wonder how many more rotary hours I need to do an instructors rating - can't find it in writing anywhere.