PDA

View Full Version : Naples Air Center For JAA ATPL?

Somedaymaybe
7th Jul 2004, 17:46
Dear All,

Apologies is this has cropped up before, i am sure it may have but here goes anyway.

I am seriously considering, finance willing, jumping over the pond and undertaking my ATPL/CPL in the states.

I have looked into a few flight schools and it seems that the one that comes most recommended is NAPLES AIR CENTER!

Has anybody studied there ATPL here if so what is it like they have a good pass rate 83% at first attempt and it is much cheaper that the best schools in the UK and also half the cost.

Pls pls pls can anyone help me.

Kind Regards

SDM:ok:

EGAC_Ramper
7th Jul 2004, 19:56
I'd be interested too to hear of response as I'm looking at them too,but now being tempted by Cabair and OAT.

Regards+Cheers

Alex Whittingham
7th Jul 2004, 20:21
[post removed to start a new thread]

NACGS
7th Jul 2004, 22:14
I can maybe speed up the process of recommendations, please use the contact form on our website, or my email address from my pprune profile , tell me your name and email address and I will ask some of the current in class students to respond, or some of the ex students who we are still in contact with.

I am sure they will be happy to tell you the pros and cons of coming to NAC, and also their opinions if they would make the same decision again.

Chris

Somedaymaybe
7th Jul 2004, 22:23
Thanks Chris for your swift reply, i have filled out a contact form and requested information on the JAA ATPL course and also the pilot scheme.

Kind Regards

SDM

Frank Furillo
8th Jul 2004, 18:57
Naples Air Centre
All I will say is rather you than me, it's your money!!!! and Life

Pinga
8th Jul 2004, 20:39
F F That was a well considered balanced and positive posting. How about qualifying it? :rolleyes:

NACGS
8th Jul 2004, 23:00
To the people that requested referrals from other students I have posted your requests on the groundschool bulletin board, so hopefully you will see some comments/feedback soon.

Frank we at NAC are interested in feedback, so please post your comments and reasons. I trust that you have already been in communication with NAC in regards to the background behind your post.

Chris

potter5
19th Jul 2004, 15:14
Somedaymaybe
I was at NAC back in April. I thought the instructors, aircraft, were great and, Naples airport was a nice place to fly from. The discount accommodation you can get through them is also a good deal.

HOWEVER, it is now July and I am STILL trying to get some money refunded back to my card!

I have been refunded the $500 deposit. This took about 3 weeks. When I booked, I was told (it also stated on there web site then) that if you do fly a block of 10 hours you get 1 hour free. I completed 10 hours and, asked about my free hour. One of the owners said HE would refund this back to my card upon my return to the UK.

I think still waiting after 3 months for a refund is totally unacceptable. It also feel very frustrated when I consider that straight after each time I had been flying at Naples Air Center, I would be presented with bill when I walked from the aircraft into the school. You would think after I had been flying for 3+ hours I might be able to get a cup of coffee, or go to the toilet before handing over my cash, especially when they already had $500 dollars of mine on account.

If only they could be this efficient with refunds!!

I know Irishtjs also stated on a previous post that he had a problem with a refund.

So although there are some good points with NAC, I also wanted to make you aware of the not so good points.

It might also highlight my problem to NAC. Although apart from going back out there for my refund, I have tried just about every other method of communicating my problem to them and, yes before someone says anything, I do know about their E mail filter.

Hopefully, somedaymaybe I will get my refund.

Speedbird744
19th Jul 2004, 17:06
I was at NAC throughout May and June and thought very highly of their flight instruction.
I believe they have since scrapped their free flying hours policy.
Sbird744

Ninety-Nines
19th Jul 2004, 17:22
Potter

Have sent you a private message but to outline to anyone else who have read your message!

3 weeks is a good average to see the deposit returned. NAC guarantees the deposit returned after 7-10 days after the instructors have been able to verify their pay period. This works both ways whether we overcharged, undercharged or no changes at all! From this time, the Credit Card Companies can take up to 10 days to show the refund on the card although I can assure you that the money is immediately taken out of our account!!

NAC used to offer free hours after a certain number of hours, and mostly gets this refunded at the same time! Unfortunately, due to the human element sometimes something goes awry and once made aware we will of course fix the problem! This is especially true if I am completing things as I have the excuse of the JAA ATPL syndrome where for 7 months your brain is basically mush.

The ATPL groundschool does require a deposit to confirm a placement, but this deposit is applied to the account immediately as it is a one time course fee. As the flying involves multiple invoices the deposit is retained until accounts are checked and then as Potter found, will be returned on the same credit card it was placed. Unfortunately like a great many students, the school can get hurt as well and we learnt the hard way!

spitfire747
19th Jul 2004, 22:18
I went to Naples again in March this year and was there for a good 12 weeks doing my CPL and hour building. I spent a good $12,000 + with NAC and when i came to leave the account was incorrect however this was not surprising as i had flown over 106 hours in 3 different types of aircraft and also had groundschool and the CPL course.
I was home in the UK for less than 10 days when i had an email from NAC stating the corrections to the account and all the refunds were back on my card that day.

looking back NAC is an extremley busy school, approx 12-14 aircraft in the air for 6 hours a day with many students on all types of courses. The logistics of running such an operation sometimes present slight errors and mistakes can happen because people are afterall human.

I can suggest telephoning the school directly, their number is on the website and talking to the ops desk, there is ALWAYS someone there. Moaning to the masses is not always the best way to rectify a small problem.

Spitty :ok: :ok: :ok:

potter5
20th Jul 2004, 11:40
Spitfire 747
As you can see from my post I have pointed both the good and, in my opinion the not so good points about NAC. I thought this was what this Forum was all about!

Regarding your comment about moaning to the masses, I have phoned, E mailed and, used the contact form to try and get my money back!! I did speak to NAC on June 11th and asked my card to be refunded. After 3 months of trying to get my refund I am just letting people know my experiences, I wouldn’t see this as moaning to the masses. Maybe you would feel the same as me after 3 months and, maybe it would not appear such a small problem if it were you. Oh and, yes after 3 months, this is the best/only way I can think of to resolve this. I believe Ninety-Nines is now on the case.

Overall I thought NAC was a good school to fly at. I can not comment on the groundschool.

Ninety-Nines
Hopefully you have taken my comments as constructive criticism; I know you are keen on feedback.

Unfortunately I am one of those students who has lost money at another school in the past, like you I learnt the hard way.