PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL training in the USA

Rowley Birkin, QC
7th Jul 2004, 08:18
From the CAA's doc, as far as I can see, it's just EFT that do it. Have sent an email to Naples as I heard they are now offering it (rumour).

I DON'T want to know what you thought of the school etc etc. What I do want to know is if anywhere else in Florida does CPL training, that maybe I should also take a look at.

This is ***JAA CPL*** training and test, not FAA!:ok:

Penworth
7th Jul 2004, 09:11
I'm not sure which CAA document you looked at but this one (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF) lists EFT, Naples, IFTA and one or two others (in ties with UK schools) as the CPL (A) Modular Flying training providers in Florida.

Regards

Penworth

skill
16th Jul 2004, 00:15
IFTA do tha jaa cpl but dont go near them crooks come to mind

Charlie Zulu
16th Jul 2004, 07:44
If I remember correctly Orlando Flight Training has approval for the JAA CPL. Well it says on their website (http://www.flyoft.com/pages/cpl_jaa.htm) that they do. I'd go with the official CAA documentation though.

Naples Air Center does indeed have the approval for the JAA CPL Single and Multi courses.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

lookoutbelow
16th Jul 2004, 11:13
OFT at Orlando offer the JAR CPL Module through Cabair, Cranfield(or they certainly did in Feb/Mar as I did it with them. Delta Connection at Sandford also run the JAR CPL with its approval issued by Atlantic at Coventry, I believe.

Regards

Lookoutbelow

BillieBob
16th Jul 2004, 12:20
The following FTOs, based in North America, are currently approved for the modular CPL(A):

Atlantic Flight Training - Sanford, FL - Using Delta Connections Academy as a sub-contractor for aircraft, facilities and instructors
Cabair - Kissimmee, FL - Trading as Orlando Flight Training
European Flight Training - Fort Pierce, FL - Using Ari-Ben Aviator as a sub-contractor for aircraft and facilities
International Flight Training Academy - Stuart, FL
Naples Air Centre - Naples, FL
Oxford Aviation Training - Scottsdale, AZ - Shared facilities with Sabena
Pilot Training College - Moncton, NB
Western Michigan University - Battle Creek, MI - Approval expires later this year and will not be renewed

All have good and bad points, all have equally vociferous supporters and detractors on this forum. The only way to make a reasoned decision is to make a personal visit and talk to current students (who you can identify as such).

spitfire747
16th Jul 2004, 12:37
I did my JAA CPL(A) in the USA at Naples Air Center and passed first time in the minimum hours using the PA28 and PA28-RT.

If you want to talk about it PM me

Spitty :ok:

likair
23rd Aug 2004, 20:08
Hello
just some questions to clarify regarding gaining a CPL with ME+IR licences abroad, in the United States.

So:
if one wants to study up to commerical level in the USA for FAA licenses and then converted to JAA Licenses. Assuming 0hours, starting from PPL. This means doing the theoretical and practical up to CPL in US. It will also include the CPL ME + IR (multi engine and Instrument Rating).

The doubts are;

Is it approved to have a converted JAA CPL with ME+IR gained outside a JAA state (i.e. USA or any non JAA member state) and use it in any other JAA member state ?

Does the system (JAA-JAR) states that if flight training did not take place into a JAA country, the license isn't fully JAR compliant?

If yes, which JAA counties do not approve JAA license that did not take place in a JAA member state?

Will the Instrument Rating be valid to use in any other JAA Member state, if done in USA or it must be done in any JAA member state to be vaild?

If there's any JAA - JAR documents that you recommend to take note of please mention them.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards
L|kA|r