PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone fly for MyTravel?

NYCSavage
6th Jul 2004, 09:55
I am currently in Portugal on my sunny hols and due to fly back on thursdy flight MYT316. Im hoping the pilot reads this thread cause my 2 year old son is with me and I would love for him to see the cockpit ;)

My name is Anthony Savage if you are going to be on this flight, come and find me.

YYZ
6th Jul 2004, 11:02
I think it is against company policy to allow this now?

Sorry:(

er82
6th Jul 2004, 18:05
Don't bother trying to ask now. Wait until u get on board, and ask the cabin crew if when u land at the other end (and the flight crew aren't doing as much paperwork etc) u can pop up and have a quick look. Visits on the ground are still allowed.

NYCSavage
7th Jul 2004, 15:45
ok thanks for the advice guys

just out of interest tho, is the pilot a member here? Me thinks i will have to ask him and get him to join if not lol

VFE
7th Jul 2004, 23:22
The chances of the guys up front admitting to PPRuNing are slim but you can ask! Flight deck visits whilst the engines are running are no longer allowed but after shut down (or before start up) you can still sometimes grab a few minutes up front if you ask the cabin crew nicely.

VFE.

scroggs
8th Jul 2004, 06:52
Firstly, what has this to do with Wannabes?!

Secondly, flight deck visits have not been allowed since 9/11, though you may be allowed to have a look in the flight deck after your arrival back in UK. You'll have to ask very nicely, and you'll probably have to wait until all the other passengers are of the aircraft.

Scroggs

NYCSavage
9th Jul 2004, 23:06
scroggs, i posted this in the wannabes section as i figured that this would be the most likely place that a mytravel pilot would look.

its too late now anyway, my baby fell asleep and was all upset when we had to sit him up for landing so i just wanted to get him off the plane....maybe next time

thanks for all your replies tho

Prophead
11th Jul 2004, 14:28
'i posted this in the wannabes section as i figured that this would be the most likely place that a mytravel pilot would look.'

What are you trying to say....:D :D :D