PDA

View Full Version : Airliner/ Airline books etc

Jinkster
4th Jul 2004, 23:13
When I was a young lad I had a couple of books about the airlines which included - when they were formed, by who etc, where they fly to and what they fly.

Since the big shift around (my travel, astreus, thomas cook) from (Air 2000, brittania etc) all things seem to have changed.

Can anyone suggest a book that shows the info I once had.

Many thanks,

Jinkster :ok:

witchdoctor
5th Jul 2004, 08:57
Since when was Britannia no longer Britannia? Have I missed something? :confused:

AVeight
5th Jul 2004, 09:28
Witchdoctor,

Britannia has changed its name to TUI as well as its livery & cabin crew uniforms as part of a global branding strategy.

AVeight

jetstream7
5th Jul 2004, 11:53
Not quite right on Britannia...

Britannia AW still exists, however the aircraft have 'Thomson' writ big down the side of the aircraft (which is now painted in the World of TUI' colour scheme.

Believe it says something like 'Operated by Britannia' somewhere on the aircraft now.

I'm sure this was described at length previously so a search may help.

And back on topic...

Jinkster... Flight International publishes a yearly directory of airlines - this might tell you what you want to know?

simonwa
5th Jul 2004, 16:04
Britannia is still and always will be Britannia, even if it looks like it is becoming TUI. TUI doesn't actually change the names of their airlines but just the branding - i.e Neos, Hapag-Lloyd etc. Still the same name but now all one brand/livery etc.

EGCC
5th Jul 2004, 19:22
Well at Manchester the annoucements for BY flights make no mention of the name Britannia anymore - instead they are refered to as "Thomson Flight...."