PDA

View Full Version : Instructor renewal by test & experiance

Squealing Pig
7th Nov 2001, 23:05
I have my first instructor renewal coming up soon. Is there any rule stopping you from going back to the person who did the last test at all?

I seem to remember once hearing you couldnt, but I might have dreamed it up.

Anyone out there in the know, BEagle?

foxmoth
8th Nov 2001, 00:59
i asked about this at the seminar i went to (having been to the same examiner the last 2 tests) there does seem to be a belief that you can't use the same guy (or gal for the politicaly correct) more than THREE times running - twice should be no problem.
nb. nobody could quote anything official.

Stan Evil
8th Nov 2001, 13:29
Better get the terms right these days - I guess you are revalidating your FI rating, assuming you meet the experience requirements and plan to take the flight test before expiry of the current rating. Beware - go a day over and you'll be paying for a seminar as well. Remember, you can do the proficiency check any time in the 12 months before expiry and you will be signed up 3 years from the original expiry date.

The 3 times with one examiner rule only applies to a series of failed tests - it's only fair on both you and the examiner that someone else has a look at you when things haven't been going your way. You can go back to the same examiner as often as you like if you are in the habit of passing!

Squealing Pig
16th Nov 2001, 00:35
Cheers Chapies, booked in with the chap who did my initial.

SP

Noggin
16th Nov 2001, 04:29
A maximum of three tests with the same FIE applies in all cases. Flight Examiners Handbook.The fourth must be with a different FIE. You can now go to a Seminar anytime in the 3 year period.

Chuck Ellsworth
16th Nov 2001, 19:00
Does anyone know what the policy is for requesting another inspector / examiner for your test if there is a personality clash between you and the inspector?

I can give you the low down on how it goes here in Canada. ( If anyone wishes to know. )

:D The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no. :D

Squealing Pig
19th Nov 2001, 20:56
Great, passed today for another three years let lose on the public.

I found it very informative as I was actually expecting quite a grilling. Spent some time exploring aircraft behaviour with the trim wound fully back and full power, try it some time, but make sure you are in an aircraft that is approved for spinning and at a suitable height to recover from a spin. Afterwards you will make double certain that the trim is set correctly for take-off.

Noggin & foxmoth are correct as I asked about the 3 times with an examiner.

Thanks for the advice guys

Happy flying
S.P.

[ 19 November 2001: Message edited by: Squealing Pig ]