PDA

View Full Version : Distance Learning ATPL

MJPilot
2nd Jul 2004, 16:04
Does anyone have experience doing the ATPL with Naples Air Center in Florida? (Good presentation, no hidden costs, online help, etc.)

I am about to order the course myself.

Thanks for any input.

henriksch
2nd Jul 2004, 23:03
Hi

I did the course at Naples ground school.... First module at the school, and 2nd module as distance learning.....

Both were great (have no comparison, but I am happy).....When you do DL, you can call them and they will help you (or call you), or you can gather a bunch of q and put it on an e mail, and you will often have the reply same day, or the next.... Depending on time of day you send of your q.

I found absolutly no hidden costs...only the exam fees, but thats not the school, but the CAA...:mad:

In class everything works on computers (except the actual tutoring, which is of course the old classic theacher at board technique)... But all the feedback in on the computers, which saves you alot of time in class, and gives you more time for questions and learning....

The class I was in had 6 people, which I found to work great...

Bad things... Naples is pretty expensive, but maybe I am just cheap. A few mistakes in the feedback answers (but I have been told that thats a general problem w feedback at all schools).

Our class pass rate was good (I think), so I would recommend it...