PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle wanted Heathrow - Exeter

lav_fire
2nd Jul 2004, 08:43
Hello,

my boss is about to leave for London on Sunday, he will then proceed (together with 11 others = total passengers 12) on
to the Exeter/Dartmoor Area - until now they planned to use a coach but since the drive takes about 3 hours they are trying to find alternatives....

I do not know any aircharter companies around London - Do you?

My question:
<b>I need contacts for Aircraft / Helicopter Charter for this particular trip....Any suggestions? Looking forward to a quick reply!>/b>

Thanks for your help!

GK430
2nd Jul 2004, 09:05
www.airpartner.com

rotweiller
2nd Jul 2004, 09:26
try www.air-charters.co.uk

BRISTOLRE
2nd Jul 2004, 09:41
LHR-Exeter on National Express coach is more than 3 hours, try 5 or 6 !! Charters can be arranged from LHR to the West Country on something like a Chieftan or a Cessna 406 for example subject to slots - either that a charter be done out of Northolt or Fairoaks, other smaller airfields in close prox to LHR. PM me if your wish!

devonian
2nd Jul 2004, 11:32
Better still, get your party to gatwick if you can instead of heathrow. Then fly to Plymouth with Air Southwest scheduled flights. (four per day) See Airsouthwest.com for bookings though you may want to call phone number listed for group booking.

Dartmoor is mid way between Plymouth and Exeter. If its Bovey castle or Moretonhampstead your boss is going to, Plymouth is actually a little nearer

PUP
2nd Jul 2004, 11:42
Probably a bit late now but the links above aren't as helpful as they could be.

Private Coach/mini-coach will take at least 3½ hours to Exeter from LHR, probably over 4 hrs. To go to the Exeter side of Dartmoor will be the best part of an hour, longer from EXT airport. I wouldn't bother using fixed wing (you'll still end up with quite a drive), shortest duration will be by helicopter (2 for that number of pax) and will take about 1:30 hrs, and will be a lot less hassle.

Try one of the Charter Heli companies nearest LHR such as PremiAir (http://www.premiair-aviation.com/)

CargoOne
2nd Jul 2004, 14:01
Not sure regarding LHR slots, but if you will opt for LGW you surely can arrange the charter out of there with small airplane.

lav_fire
3rd Jul 2004, 13:34
Thanks a lot for your help - actually they will have a helicopter waiting for them at LHR...

Best regards, Peter