PDA

View Full Version : G4 0 flap TO

Flight_Cru
1st Jul 2004, 18:10
I am a little behind the game here, please help assist my memory.

I was certain the G4 SP had no performance data published for ZERO flap take off.

Is there an unofficial set of data.

A friend of mine was reliably informed !!!! that they witnessed a G4SP operated by a very respectable corporate company, depart with ZERO flap.

They are in the business, but might be mistaken.

Thanks boffins.

FLEXJET
5th Jul 2004, 18:58
Normal GIV Takeoff:

The following procedures are recommended for the Gulfstream IV
and V aircraft for either an Autothrottle engaged or Manual takeoff:

1) Utilize EPR (Min/Rated or Flex) and 20° flaps for all takeoffs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Santa Ana John Wayne/Orange County (KSNA) for example, you have a "Quiet Flying" procedure which asks to perform a flaps retraction to 0° at 500 feet AGL.

23G-IV
26th Sep 2004, 01:22
If you have a flap malfunction that requires movement of aircraft with less than 10 flaps (min for t/o), Gulfstream has unpublished numbers they can give you for a one time t/o. They will only issue you them after a ferry permit or the like is obtained. You will get a fax with all perf numbers and runway required for the particular day.

Flight_Cru
26th Sep 2004, 11:58
Thank you for the response, I have been to SAV since this incident and received the same answer.

However the incident in question, the driver did not take the steps mentioned...

Many thanks

VP TAA
28th Sep 2004, 13:24
FLT_ CRW
Were the slats extended? why I ask is that a zero flap T/O with slats fully extended was fairly routine on the DC9 30/50 we used to fly
Regards VP TAA

hawk37
28th Sep 2004, 23:33
the g4 does not have slats. In fact, none of the G series has any leading edge devices.
Hawk

AA717driver
3rd Oct 2004, 04:18
VP TAA--Doing the 0-Flap take off in the DC-9-50 required a LOT of runway! Some of our more "literal" pilots did not extend the slats...:eek: :eek: :eek:

In any event, not for the faint of heart!:D TC