PDA

View Full Version : Air Andalucia

Jes
30th Jun 2004, 18:05
I understand this company is starting Granada-Manston-Odense on November 1st with an A.319, three times a week. It would be the first international scheduled route at Granada (and Odense too, for that matter). Does anyone know any more? Not the usual knockers' messages please.

Q. What do the following airports have in common?

Stansted
Charleroi
Beauvais

A. They're all 55 km from the capital of their respective country.

Jes
1st Jul 2004, 11:41
Answering my own question.........is this perhaps the A Jet that was supposed to be starting up this year?

brabazon
1st Jul 2004, 16:17
It would take the prize for one of the most bizarre routes if it were to start.

peb
1st Jul 2004, 19:08
where have you read about this?
Do you know a web site of the company?

:ok:

airand
20th Aug 2004, 12:28
www.airandalucia.com

Cyrano
20th Aug 2004, 13:45
Nice clean website design. I wish all concerned the best of luck.

It worries me just a little, though, when startups announce really big plans before they've even got off the ground. "18 aircraft within 2 years, and plans for Kenya and South Africa"? Good luck, guys, and I hope you get there, but get over stage 1 first...

"In 2005 there will be additional flights to Madrid, Barcelona and London City." LCY implies that another type is coming into the fleet, which is a lot of complexity for a new startup to assimilate. I know LCY wants a Madrid service, but I'd have thought that with the business clientele, the flat-rate pricing that Air Andalucia is proposing (yes, another one...) represents a major loss of potential yield from last-minute bookings. And that makes me wonder: is this going to be a no-frills carrier? Into LCY?

One note in passing on these flat fares: although I don't personally think they work, one of the main arguments put forward in favour of flat fares is the fairness one: you're not sitting beside someone who's paid far less than you.

Air Andalucia is proposing fares of Manston-Odense 79 euros, Manston-Granada and Odense-Granada both 130 euros.

So I'm flying from Manston to Granada having paid my 130 euros, and the Danish chap beside me has also paid 130 euros - for two flight legs rather than one, and about double the distance. Not sure that's going to feel equitable to me.

Still, I won't rehash the flat-fares argument - it was extensively discussed in the context of N*w a few months back. :\

C.

peb
20th Aug 2004, 15:23
Anyone knows who is the owner of the company?
Anyone know anything else about this company?

Thank you

Buster the Bear
20th Aug 2004, 18:48
domain: airandalucia.com
owner: Kevin Griffiths
email: [email protected]
address: Plaza de la Villa, 4,2 Coin
address: 9100 Malaga 29100 Spain
city: XXXX
postal-code: 0000

From info easily available on the WWW.
http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

colegate
21st Aug 2004, 11:52
Operating from the London area to Granada makes a lot of sense. Such an operation is long overdue. As a new entrant they have automatic access to slots at LHR or LGW so why choose Manston when there are much richer pickings around?