PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

muck-savage
29th Jun 2004, 20:26
Hi,
I'm just wondering about the deal with alteon and ryanair.

I know you pay alteon 23k + taxes and get a job with ryanair but who pays the line training and base check ?

When do ryanair start paying you ?

mucky

moku
29th Jun 2004, 21:19
Looking at the website it says that Ryanair pay your line and base training, BUT you will need to have a bank guarantee for the 16,000 that will cost Ryanair if you fail to stay for the req's period of time. It is all on the website..

As for when they actually start to pay you...... that I have not yet managed to find out.

Hope thah helps.

Moku.

yyzdub
29th Jun 2004, 21:26
I think they start paying up immediately but no flight pay for 6 months, though I could be wrong.

Keep in mind, it's not a guarantee for the job - it's all dependant on how you do.

paddy23
3rd Jul 2004, 15:52
guys,
you get zero pay until you are line checked which is taking anything up to 6 to 8 months at the moment. you are then offered a permenent position with 1 year trial. sector pay lately has been paid from when you lose your safety pilot during line training and at half the regular rate for 6 months. the six months is based on when you are given your permenent contract which often takes a month or two arfter line training so its more like 8 months on half sector pay. there was talks of no sector pay for six months but i dont know has this happened more then likely.anyway expect a year in the company with little or no money.:ok:

duece19
4th Jul 2004, 20:54
Small correction

For me, as a lowtimer with 300h it took three weeks and 64 sectors to get linechecked and ready, not even close to 6 months

duece

witchdoctor
5th Jul 2004, 09:10
I would strongly suggest you check out the Ryanair thread in Rumours and News if you hadn't already done so. A nice little memo from management (allegedly), just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Sounds like a poor deal in an improving situation.