PDA

View Full Version : Malgus - let's have a closer look...

Straightandlevel80kt
29th Jun 2004, 18:05
Dear wannabes

Have a look at www.malgus.com. What exactly do they offer that any individual could not arrange for themselves, except for a cleverly worded means of making money for Malgus?

Best regards

moo
29th Jun 2004, 18:34
do a search, malgus was the subject of intense scrutiny from this bulletin board a while ago. I believe the first of the 'cadets' have qualified

Straightandlevel80kt
30th Jun 2004, 17:45
Hi moo

Thanks for picking this up. I have looked back at what was posted before, and there are some sensible posts in there. As always WWW provides some good thoughts.

Here are my thoughts for general consumption:

Malgus is not a scam, and indeed a very small handful of people have graduated from the malgus scheme with a 100% sponsored fATPL. I know both these facts because I have been through the selection process, and I have also met the graduates, although they hadn't graduated then.

However, I would urge anyone to think very carefully before handing over any cash for the malgus scheme, and consider the following.

Malgus does not offer sponsorships, save for the very very few it funded as a marketing exercise to get the company on the map in the early days. Call it part of the startup cost. Malgus acts as an agent to negotiate discounts with FTOs and introduce you to a bank. Training contracts remain between you and the FTO, and loan agreements remain between you and the bank. The aptitude testing will give you an indication of your ability to pass selection tests for a training course, but little more - certainly no guarantee of an interview or a job after graduation.

If you don't mind paying at least £150 for this service, then great. But the truth is that there is nothing on offer here which you cannot arrange for yourself for free. Just talk to the FTOs and your bank directly, and shop around for the deal that suits you best.

Finally, remember one of the malgus graduates is on this forum stating he doesn't yet have a job, and please, please, please ask the FTOs directly why they aren't all accepting Malgus candidates.

Best of luck all.

Shanks
1st Jul 2004, 11:59
...and enjoy your new toy cheezy :)

tiram
2nd Jul 2004, 23:28
I was on malgus' first selection intake. This is a scottish company and being from scotland the first stage of selecting was not far from my house so naturally, and somewhat arrogantly, i thought the final stages would be in scotland too, however the second stage was in birmingham. A dreams a dream so another 150 notes down the drain, plane plus train, i got there only to be told that the wonderous 100% sponsorship was now a 50% sponsorship and 50% bond which had to be paid back. I did very well in my exams but i missed the top 5% on one exam and that was me booted. I rang up for an explanation as to how i could do better, and was told that i should play more 3d computer games. It seemed like a scam to begin with and i still believe there are some scam elements. If you can get a malgus sponsorship you can get an airline sponsorship