PDA

View Full Version : Air Omega

Coastrider26
29th Jun 2004, 11:36
Just heard a rumour that Air Omega in Germany might be on the edge of bankruptcy. Does anybody know anything about this?

They are/used to operate EMB120 aircraft out of the UK and Germany?

AVeight
29th Jun 2004, 18:20
Coastrider26,

I received an e-mail from one of the commercial guys in Air Omega a couple of months ago advising that they were just about to fold and thanking all past customers! Think they may have already gone!!

AVeight.

pipo the clown
29th Jun 2004, 23:04
I am a former captain of Air-Omega and unfortunately the company went fully bankrupt at the 1st of february 2004.
We stopt operating at the beginning of december 2003.
Both Aircraft D-CAOA , D-CAOB now parked and rotting away at our former maintenance base in Saarbrucken (Cirrus Technic,a very good company).
I have a strong belief that the accountable manager was not trusted anymore by the investors, so they dropped support.
The acc. manager had a great fantasy that was not in line with the reality.
I had very much pleasure flying the E120 cargo. The people I worked with were very proffessional and friendly. It was a real team. Also the MFO was a true eminent charismatic leader (Richard W.).
I was on duty the last operating week of Air-Omega and I had the most wonderfull flights.
Saarbrucken-FrankfurtMain-Rabat-Saarbrucken (over 10hs in one day)
Saarbrucken-Hannover-Potsnan-Southend-Koln (also in one day).
We were allways within FTL and recieved more than enough rest.
Also the pay was satisfactory (this was not the cause of bankrupcy).
I loved my job and still looking for the same thing.
I am waiting for the aircraft to be picked up by somebody wise. The expertise is still on the street (the former team of Air-Omega).
Does somebody have a job for me?

BASE airlines a former employer (also because of bankrupcy) was a complete joke compared to Air-Omega.
Hallo Chris, ik had je moeder nog aan de lijn!

I hope that I have informed you enough.

Greetings,

G.J.S.Groenendijk
[email protected]

Coastrider26
30th Jun 2004, 13:49
Hey Goof,

I'm in Holland next week I'll give you a call then.

Heard Swiftair flies 120's as well out of sunny Spain, don't know if this is the company the other guys used to work for. Also heard rumours about a pax operation starting up in the UK still hunting to find more info on that...might be gossip.

arugbarbarroja
10th Jul 2004, 14:42
Hi,
Swiftair is in the way to by the Brasilias of Omega. The are in conversations about it.

pipo the clown
12th Jul 2004, 10:21
Dear Mr. arugbarbarroja,
Reading this, I have sent my resume (curriculum) to Swift Air.
Do you know if they take on foreign pilots in the near future ?
I have absolutely no problems living in Spain.

Regards,

[email protected]

arugbarbarroja
13th Jul 2004, 08:46
Hi Pipo:
Swiftair is taking on ATR pilots via Airline Appointment (temporary contract), but I donīt think that they take on pilots for the Brasilias. Sky Europe in looking for E-120 pilots.
Swiftair is closing the Convair fleet, and the need recolocate that pilots.

Regards

pipo the clown
13th Jul 2004, 21:44
Thank you for the info Mr. arugbarbarroja,

Unfortunately for me no luck here.
The salary that Sky Europe is offering is not enough to feed my wife, kid(s) and my bank (still have to pay my atpl stuff back). Relocating would not help.
It is funny enough that I delivered together with my captain ( I was then a young F.O.) their first airplane the PH-BRP now I believe OM-SKY.

Any way thanks again, I believe there is nothing to say anymore about Air-Omega.

Cheers, Govert-Jan

Coastrider26
21st Jul 2004, 18:07
It's just outrageous how certain companies pay their pilots. Just wondering how much further E120 and similair salaries will drop, some jobs in Africa pay more then in Europe.. I.e. KLM Excel and Skyeurope.