PDA

View Full Version : Hours needed to get on with regionals in the U.K.?

roverlad
29th Jun 2004, 03:56
I am curious what sort of hour requirements there are to get on with the regional airlines in the U.K. . Westjet over here require about 4000 minimum.
Also is it hard for a U.K. trained pilot to say get a job flying in Spain or other parts of europe? Is it a matter of simply written that countries exams and flight tests then start applying?

Just curious...

roverlad

redsnail
29th Jun 2004, 11:30
The hours required to get a job in the UK are generally a lot less than in the US or Australia etc.
You will hold a JAA licence. In theory it's supposed to be accepted in all JAA signatory countries. The biggest hurdle in getting a job in Spain, France, Germany etc is the one of language.
Also, whether or not you have the right of abode in that country too. Since I hold a British passport (but come from Australia) I have no problems living legally in another country other than the UK. My partner has only the right of abode in the UK. He has to wait a few more years before he can get British citizenship (and thus hold a British passport) and be able to live in another European country.