PDA

View Full Version : BA LGW to Florida - Cabin Upgrade..?

phreegreens
28th Jun 2004, 18:54
Just doing a bit of forward planning for a business trip to Florida in November, in or out of TPA or MCO doesn't make much of a difference, so I choose on price.

Noticed on the online timetable and the booking screens, that World Traveller Plus is available on services to both stations after about 19/11/04, services before seem to be showing just Club and Traveller.

Can any BA insider confirm this is accurate.. at long last will we be seeing flat beds and WTrav+ on these normally "bucket and spade" routes..?

thanks.. :ok:

Globaliser
29th Jun 2004, 16:33
I don't think there's any "insider" any more about this information. The last three 777s to be dusked are to be done this summer/autumn. Enjoy!

apaddyinuk
3rd Jul 2004, 14:14
Afraid Globaliser is correct!!!

Im lgw crew, we usually use the 2 class 777's with the old Club World Cradle seat but rumour has ithey are to be upgraded with sleeper club seats and traveller plus by the end of the summer, mind you they said they would be done by the end of march last!!!! :p

Globaliser
3rd Jul 2004, 15:23
To add to the above, the information that I have is as follows:-There are three aircraft at LGW with the old config - G-VIIO/P/R

IIO - dusk in-service date planned 25Oct04
IIP - 19Nov04
IIR - 12Dec04 So the availability of W class from 19 November appears to coincide with IIP coming into service, rather confirming these dates.

If you're a gambler, the period between 25 October and 19 November may be one of those in which the flights are sold as two class (JY) but often operated by three class (JWY). If you have any clout with BA, that would give you a chance of buying Y but flying W.

IIRC, these three are the ex-AML aircraft. Dusking them will be (one hopes) the final page in that sorry chapter.