PDA

View Full Version : young fella keen on UK/Europe/Canada

cutsy
28th Jun 2004, 06:09
I'm looking at going on a working holiday next year with my g/f and at the moment she's dead keen on Europe/UK, and I'm looking at Canada, mainly coz i think there'll be more options there for me.

I would really appreciate some advice regarding work in Canada or the UK/Europe. I am am instructing and doing charter at present but preferably would like to have a break from instructing. I should have an Aussie ATPL by next year and i have 1200 total and 200 hours multi at the moment.

Do you think i have enough experience to realistically have a chance over in these countries?

Thanks heaps in advance. Much appreciated:ok:

Cutsy.

Blinkz
28th Jun 2004, 09:28
Whatever you do your going to have to convert your license to which ever country you goto, this isn't very practical for just a working holiday!

sammyhostie3
28th Jun 2004, 11:02
If you dont have a type rating, youre buggered in the UK, no one will take you in the charter/scheduled market.

And no one will bother to convert you for a year!

scroggs
29th Jun 2004, 11:39
To clarify: you need a JAA ATPL and the right to live and work in Europe to find employment here. Similar rules will apply in Canada. You can't just take your Oz Seneca (or whatever) rating and tout it in other countries; the world doesn't work like that.