PDA

View Full Version : Code Bravo

jayteeto
26th Jun 2004, 18:32
On board a Monarch flight this week from Canaries that had an engine problem with a divert to Malaga. No big deal with that, however the flight deck announced a 'code bravo' to the cabin crew over the PA. Any clues to what this code meant??

cheesycol
26th Jun 2004, 21:48
It is a bit of a tenuous link, but could it be related to a QDM? Not sure why it was broadcast throughout the cabin though, if it was related to a QDM or similar.

jayteeto
26th Jun 2004, 22:03
It was broadcast as a message to the cabin crew.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
27th Jun 2004, 13:34
Code Bravo related to QDM?? Methinks not. I think cheesy is confused with Class B bearings, but what this has to do with a PA to the cabin crew I don't know...

gingernut
29th Jun 2004, 10:07
Yes, my friend was travelling on this flight (no. 5251), and heard this call. Apparently, there was an announcement that there was a pressurisation fault with one of the engines, which meant the aircraft could not fly above 18,000 feet.

She reported that it was quite obvious that there was a fault, as the aircraft appeared to struggle to get off the ground, and climbed at a slower rate than normal.

Apparently aircraft landed safely, no injuries, but some passengers disembarked at Malaga, and refused to carry on with journey.

Still not sure what a code bravo is though.

Could try a post on the cabin crew forum.