PDA

View Full Version : DHL Bahrain

el_capitano
26th Jun 2004, 14:08
I would like to find out what hourly requirements DHL are asking for their Metro drivers and if any one has/knows of some contact details for them.

Any info would be much appreciated........:cool:

Flip Flop Flyer
27th Jun 2004, 09:17
All but one of the Metro's, and all of the Convair's, are being phased out. The future in the sandpit is the good ol' 3-holers. 6 of them, I belive.

OldCessna
8th Jul 2004, 18:03
Flip Flop

I heard it's not 727's but the old L1011 freighters they are using on contract with Star Air.

However that may change soon as another operator with similar equipment are in negotiations...

Flip Flop Flyer
8th Jul 2004, 21:53
There is indeed a Tri* operating for DHL in the sandpit, but it's not Star Air. DHL Bahrain will be operating a fleet of 6 727-200F's, and they are actually looking for skippers, F/Es and engineers. Check out the latest edition of Flight Intl.

BRISTOLRE
9th Jul 2004, 12:50
Could be CBJ Cargo (ex-Caribjet) Tri* which is on the AOC of Star Air (AMM)

five iron
9th Jul 2004, 14:17
Flip Flop is bang on. The DHL ops from BAH into Afrganistan & Pakistan (Bagram, Lahore, Quanahar etc) are currently sub contracted to Swift Air (MAD based airline). They also handle their West African ops (Ivory Coast, Gabon, Lagos). They are due to loose the contract back to DHL by about Christmas time, which is why they are advertsising for B727 drivers and grease-monkeys.

However, all the pilots & F/E's currently flying are JAR regulated. As DHL are advertising for ICAO bods, one assumes that as a cost cutting exercise they are going to re-register the aircraft (which are currently on the Spanish register) to the base of ops, i.e, BAH & W.Africa. This means that the poor gits flying out there at the moment probably don't stand much of a chance, as pilots from S.America, Africa, Asia will be happy to fly for a shiney penny, unlike the current crew who probably get copious amounts of dosh as well as other 'perks'.

Saddening really.

agent
12th Jul 2004, 15:53
Any B727 Captains or FO's (JAA) intersted in work, please send me a private message.
:ok: