PDA

View Full Version : BMIbaby at EMA ( more delays ) what is wrong ?

Mike16
24th Jun 2004, 22:56
Hi All

Well just landed today after a long 4 sector day with my company EZY, and yet everyone , dispatchers etc are all talking about BMIbaby cancelling flights to Knock, delayed every flight on there pprogramme today, but i am on my 5 days on now, and everyday this week, they have been mega delayed.
Well i know not everyone is perfect, but come on BMI get your act together, this is really bad PR for you.
With Ryanair and Easyjet on your back, you do not need this S**t .
I also noticed today that BMIregional are now doing Munich from EMA along with Brussels and Aberdeen, so are they coming back?
Come on BMIbaby crew give us your input

Mike

DUBXH
24th Jun 2004, 23:45
Funny you should mention that... The WW DUB-EMA was heavily hit today and a BD Regional Fokker 100 eventually pulled up on stand... Been a while since I have seen BD bring one of them in...

Anyway, just an observation :)

Little Blue
25th Jun 2004, 06:33
Try 3 a/c down...due to a variety of tech problems..
You know, the ones that afflict every operator...!
I have seen Easy have just as bad weeks..
Rough with the smooth..etc etc

egnxema
25th Jun 2004, 06:43
baby, baby, baby!!!

Often, when Mike16 points out these frequent baby problems he just gets shot at by various ops/crewing guys from baby saying "Sh*t happens!"

Well, yes, it does, but why on earth does it happen to baby so often? The reason flights are delayed is of little importance to most of the travelling public - delays simply become an airline's reputation.

If it isn't already, it soon will be "bmibaby = delay". And that news spreads fast in the workplace, in the pub, in the doctors waiting room etc etc "Oh you going with bmibaby? (sharp intake of breath) I'd take your sleeping bag!"

It is not impossible to change. Look at FR - they formerly had the reputation of Always-Late, but not anymore.....someone somewhere has done some brilliant work. Or more likely a team effort between Ops, Crew, Handlers, Schedulers etc. Whatever and whoever....WELL DONE. Even if it is a bit of creative scheduling, there is not doubt that to hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Nottingham East Midlands ** minutes AHEAD of schedule, where the local time is ****" is music to the ears of most punters....

pub/work/waiting room talk becomes "Ryanair blah blah, and we arrived 15 MINUTES EARLY!!!"

It is a simple customer service rule called "Under Promise, Over Deliver" - say it will take an hour, but do it it 45 mins = everyone loves you. Say it will take 40 mins, but it takes 45 = Oh, what went wrong then.

All of this Marketing/Service talk asside.....you are pretty much stuck if you have trouble getting your ship in the air!!

So just why does bmibaby seem to have REPEATED problems?

Have baby spread too thin?

These troubles can put the staff/crew on a real downer....have they?

The winter ahead can not be faced with troublesome aircraft, depressed crews and an unimpressed public.

bacardi walla
25th Jun 2004, 06:44
Just out of interest, who manages BMIBABY in terms of day to day ops? Is it still mainline Ops Control or do Baby have their own Ops unit now....?

egnxema
25th Jun 2004, 06:51
Mike16

Where did you see the MUC info?

Little Blue
25th Jun 2004, 07:59
Bacardi Walla
mainline ops oversee the baby programme
but with input from baby management reference
all disruption to the programme....:

;)

EastMids
25th Jun 2004, 08:24
Last week, the local paper nick-named them "BMIMaybe" :ugh:

A

Mike16
25th Jun 2004, 11:46
Hi

I saw the MUC check in desk, which is right next to Security point for crew when they check in for flight's. Desk 1 , i think it is.
I think the BMI crew are fed up, yesterday two crew approached me, and asked if we were recruiting for EMA, i gave them all the details, they said they were fed up of being " mucked " about by BMIbaby, they said one of there colleagues rota for July was 96 sectors, i think i would want to leave with rotas like that......

Mike

737James
25th Jun 2004, 14:20
I believe that we have now caught up and sorted out all the delays at EMA with us bringing in a couple of Titan aircraft a 757 and a Bae 146 i think they are stayin for a about a week i heard.
The European/Palmair 737-200 G-CEAC is due to stay for a bit longer perhaps until end of July if not longer.
Im unsure whether G-BYZJ(Airframe Crack),G-ECAS(Engine fuel fault in AGP ) and G-BVZH(Brake Fault) are still tech or not as not been at work for couple of days.
:D

thegoaf
25th Jun 2004, 15:20
It is all beginning to sound rather like the bmi mainline operation. Punctuality at LHR has been poor for yeras largely due to the lack of investmnet even in the bost basic systems. When you do not schedule the fleet correctly in the first place you have no hope of maintaining a reliable operation. Then look at the lost bags at LHR. I hear that that is a major source of customer complaint.

jetstream7
29th Jun 2004, 09:52
BBC website is reporting some angry passengers...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3849107.stm

Hmm...... 200 passengers on a 737-300/500?... and the pic of a bmi mainline aircraft on the BBC story... and that passengers were due to leave from Cardiff to go to Alicante at 2020BST Monday (not leave Alicante...)

So... not a very satisfactory situation - a news report peppered with errors, also I wonder why bmibaby didn't use the other CWL based a/c to go to Alicante last night - would have reduced the delay for these passengers, and helped prevent the delays on today's CWL flights which are all now completely fudged up....

ALLMCC
29th Jun 2004, 10:32
Slightly off topic I know - was talking to someone with their "finger on the pulse"recently - apparently mainline/baby are looking at their NI ops closely at present with a view to trying to make savings where possible. It seems that operating from both BFS and BHD is costing a small fortune.

Have been told that baby ops will switch to BHD before the end of the year - at the same time the poorly performing MME link will cease and the CWL link could well be taken over by Air Wales, leaving baby to concentrate on developing the MAN and EMA services from BHD. All this is in spite of AR's recent press statement that this would never happen!

Wait and see! Perhaps a clean up prior to Virgin merger!

Bezi l
29th Jun 2004, 11:16
Things may have changed.... but I think bmi had a performance issue with operating Boeings into BHD - I do remember that bmi had to change the flying programme round a lot to ensure that Airbus were operating into BHD due to aircraft limitations on the Boeing.

Maybe someone could correct me?.....

bl
x

Arkroyal
29th Jun 2004, 12:29
Mike 16

Yes we all saw that screen at security, and reasoned that it was not a current flight.

1 It carried the old British Midland logo, and 2 it was over the security check in and not a passenger one.

Screens now removed.

Mind you, that would be a cost save ..............get security to check in pax between frisks and other general harrassment.:D

I'm always amused by the press coverage of flight delays. What do these people really axpect to get for less than the taxi fare home from the airport? Perhaps the love affair with this low cost tosh will end one day and we can all get back to normal.

Mike16
29th Jun 2004, 15:14
Hi

Well when i went through security to be manhandled again !!!! only joking, i said to the security chap what is that then, his reply was that the Munich is coming here.
These were on brand new screens, TFT screens, i think the sooner Virgin do buy them, the better.
I feel for there passengers the most, being stranded all the time, there flights are hardly ever on time, and before all the anti- easyjet mob get there hat in, i know we are not perfect, but at EMA, EZY do very well.

Mike have a good day everyone

737James
29th Jun 2004, 15:21
Mike we seem to be doing alot better this week at Ema i noticed on return to terminal last night your Easyjet prague had couple hour delay again ive noticed a few times this flight gets delayed i suppose just knock ons through the day.

Mike16
29th Jun 2004, 15:37
Hi James

How are you ? i hope you are ok, yes i beleive it went tech, see guys, we at EZY are not perfect, to be honest all the ex-go aircraft always go tech, can't wait till we have the 700 or even the airbus if we are very lucky, fingers crossed.
Back on at work tmrw on the Rome, nice day.
Take care James, we will have to meet for coffee one day

Bye

737James
1st Jul 2004, 18:45
Luckily im not at work today but it seems that here at Baby we are having lots more problems with delays with the Alicante delayed by 8hours and quite a few others with 2hours delay it is starting to become a regular thing now im glad i don't work on the pr department.
Hopefully it will all be sorted by tommorow as im back at work but i somehow doubt it so looks like another weekend of delays for me great:{

Mike16
1st Jul 2004, 19:24
Hi James

I feel for you, i hope you don't get delayed to much. I am on SBY for Fri, Contactable for Sat, days leave on Sun, and then on the afternoon Malaga on Mon, then days of till Fri.
So not a bad week for me, what happened with BFS on tues Morning, all of a sudden it was cancelled, and the pax were going mad at the sales desk .....
Anyway take care James

Mike

Hi

Have you seen EMA website for arrivals, all the WW flights are mega delayed, the ALC is 9 hours late ? what has happened today ? does anyone know ?

Mike

WHBM
1st Jul 2004, 20:21
A day in the life of Baby arrivals at EMA (snapshot from EMA website at 2120 local, others for comparison)

WW5966 15:50 Alicante Delayed 00:10
WW5014 19:00 Paris CDG Delayed 22:30
WW5102 19:05 Cork Landing at 21:50
WW5826 21:00 Glasgow Delayed 22:20
WW5608 21:05 Belfast Intl Landing at 21:20
WW5192 21:50 Edinburgh Delayed 23:55
WW5684 21:55 Prague Delayed 22:55
WW5336 22:20 Knock Delayed 22:35
WW5114 00:50 Ibiza

EZY508 21:20 Edinburgh Landing at 21:15
FR1925 21:40 Murcia Landing at 21:15
MYT534 22:55 Lanzarote Delayed 23:35
EZY6542 23:00 Malaga Expected 22:50
EZY6504 23:05 Prague Expected 23:35
FCA623D 00:40 Lanzarote

almost professional
1st Jul 2004, 20:44
All those late Baby's will not take too kindly to being number 4/5/6 behind the nightly deluge of freighters!

Little Blue
2nd Jul 2004, 06:43
Mike 16..
Although u are entitled to your opinions, free speech et al,
Yr comments about ref Virgin are most unwelcome..
Yesterday was a bad day for baby, but, prior to that, it has been a very good week, punctuality wise....
Maybe I should take to publishing Easy delays on a daily basis...
I shall now stand back and wait for the usual vitriolic response
from other easy apologists !!!
:bored:

egnxema
2nd Jul 2004, 07:12
Littleblue and 737James - this obviously is not a go at you in any way, rather the airline and especially Tony Davies.

YOU ARE RAPIDLY TRASHING YOUR AIRLINE!

For the sake of the jobs, health and sanity of your employees Tony - any new aircraft you may be sourcing had better be to replace the dieing units you currently fly.

When Ryanair make EMA a base I would suggest an Exodus.:(

Mike16
2nd Jul 2004, 08:25
Hi Little blue

I am not anti b,ibaby at all, all i am saying is that just lately, bmibaby is not performing very well, if you LOOK at my threads you will see, i do say EZY is not perfect at all, but at EMA we are not to bad, yes we do get those days, when everything just goes arse over tit.
You will also see that i do talk on here to a lovely gentleman called James, who is flight deck for BMIbaby, and i must admit he does stand by your company, and he also admits to there mistakes, that does take a lot of courage.....
BMIbaby need to look t what they have now, and concentrate on this for a while to build up a structure, when that is done, then expand.
Anyway have to go , but do have a nice day, bye now
Mike

ALLMCC
2nd Jul 2004, 09:44
Mike 16

"yes we do get those days when everything just goes a**e over tit"

Is that what happened to the inbound from Nice to BFS last weekend? - according to press reports operating a/c went tech at Nice, replacement brought in which also went tech - overall result flight delayed for over 24 hrs - a lot of angry punters who claim they were not told anything!

Maybe Easy need to take a look at their structure particularly when delays like this are happening on new routes - makes Baby look good when you allow for the fact that Easy have a vastly greater no of a/c to play with!

eastern wiseguy
2nd Jul 2004, 22:49
yes allmcc $hit happens..even twice in one day (http://www.pbase.com/bent_midland/bent_a321s)

I was going to say nothing....but

"yes we do get those days when everything just goes a**e over tit"
Is that what happened to the inbound from Nice to BFS last weekend?
replacement brought in which also went tech - overall result flight delayed for over 24 hrs

since ALLMCC will use any forum to ask ..."is it coming to BHD?"or "lets bash BFS and Easy" I figured I would remind him of that infamous day last winter when BHD managed to wreck TWO count them ...TWO A321's on the same day.... truly poo occurs :uhoh: