PDA

View Full Version : New route for Ryanair?

peb
22nd Jun 2004, 16:50
Ryanair will fly Parayas airport (Cantabria Spain). Three flights a week to 3 differen palces.

true?

Flightmapping
23rd Jun 2004, 00:00
peb,

Where did you find out about this. You mean Santander Parayas?
Nothing about this on FR.com or Google news search.

If true, it would be an interesting development, rivalling EZ into Bilbao.

I wonder how much either would be taking from the ferries which also operate to BIO & SDR?

peb
23rd Jun 2004, 18:48
The chief of a main director of Transports indicates that August or September "limit" is the date to close the agreement with Ryanair.

Juan Manuel Castanedo affirmed that the negotiations with the Irish company are very advanced.
The chief of a main director of Transports, Juan Manuel

Castanedo, said today that August or September would be the months "limit" to close with Ryanair the agreement so that this company of low cost operates from the Airport of Parayas flights to Europe, although insisted in which this agreement "is very advanced".

Castanedo explained that an agreement of this type is carried out in periods in which the flights can be profitable, like the summer, reason why indicated that the "limit" to reach an agreement with the Irish company would be August or September.
Even so, he assured that the Cantabrian Government is "finishing" with Ryanair the project, that would suppose to operate from Parayas weekly flights between three European cities and Santander of roundtrip.

The chief of a main director of Transports rejected to advance to any content of the agreement or a date for his company/signature, until this he is not made specific, although said that "this month can be closed, the one that comes or the following one".
----------------------

If you have a problem with my traslation (always some one complains about it) plese help me out to correct the mistakes. I do my best

goatbusters
23rd Jun 2004, 19:55
I'm surprised there have been no lame posts yet saying it's Madrid North, etc. Only a matter of time I suppose. :rolleyes:

egnxema
24th Jun 2004, 06:45
I think you just did it yourself Goatie.

Flightmapping
24th Jun 2004, 11:17
If anything, its Bilbao West, but this area of northern Spain does have a reasonable amount of inbound tourism, mainly from the 2 ferry routes. I am assuming they will just be doing STN to SDR, but from my understanding of PEB's post, are you suggesting there could be other routes too - DUB, HHN etc?

peb
24th Jun 2004, 23:18
there will be 3 new routes from Parayas airport. But I dont know to where they are going.

:ok:

FlyLowCost
25th Jun 2004, 07:16
Now in Spain FR is talking with many airports, but they are at a good stage for new routes to London STN with:

Santiago De Compostela
Zaragozza
Santander

They are trying also to find an agreement with Valencia.

bacardi walla
25th Jun 2004, 09:01
...and MJV is to be the next new base - allegedly.

FlyingIrishman
25th Jun 2004, 21:26
I can't really see that happen given the fact that Murcia is a military airport and as such has very restricted opening hours, making a base operation very difficult.

peb
25th Jun 2004, 21:59
In Murcia airport ( San Javier ) is where the spanish militar force start the basic training course.

:ok:

FlyLowCost
26th Jun 2004, 05:23
Someone from Alicante-Murcia area could confirm about a new Murcia private airport project??

bacardi walla
26th Jun 2004, 08:24
MJV has expansion plans and is actively encouraging new airlines in, take EZY for example :rolleyes:

peb
26th Jun 2004, 11:36
FlyLowCost Do you mean Castellon new airport? If you asking about this one they are having lot of problems now. Everything is stop now because they are accusse enviroment damage.

Peb

I wonder how busy are the flights to Valladolid. Any ideas?