PDA

View Full Version : CX Staff travel

g92
22nd Jun 2004, 09:42
Does Cathay’s staff travel only apply to ones partner if you are married?
The reason I ask, at my current employer, when joining I was asked who I would like to have as my other named person to receive the discount travel. My girlfriend and I were not married or living together at the time therefore I had to put her down as a travel companion which meant I would have to travel with her if she was to use the staff travel. Well we have been living together now for about three years (feels like 30 years!) and I do consider her as my partner. We are both not wanting to get married, as this is something that both of us do not see the point of.
So the question is, will I be able to put her down as ‘spouse’ even though we are not married?

Thanks

PS I've done a search on here and not found an answer to it....

B787
22nd Jun 2004, 09:59
CX does require you to be married.

As a married employee, you are entitled to have your Wife/Husband, your children and either your parents or your spouses parents for staff travel.

As a single (not married) employee you are entitled to nominate 1 companion (can be anyone) + your parents.

If you nominate a companion there are some restrictions on the number of tickets they may use. But it is not usually a problem.

And another consideration in your case is that if you were married your wife would have the same boarding priority as you(27), but as your companion it would be one less(28).

Hope this answers your question.

g92
22nd Jun 2004, 10:34
Thanks...........

Techo Taxi Driver
22nd Aug 2004, 21:31
With regard to the travel for parents...
Do they get all the same privelages as you?
Are they restricted to CX or any One World member?

Also, I'm aware that for the first 6 months from joining you get unlimited travel back to your home base (country), and for the next 6 months you can go anywhere on CX, my question is, after 1 year, do you get to travel on any One World member or is it, as I've heard that you get good consessions on virtually any airline in the world???

Cheers
TTD

asiadreams
28th Aug 2004, 16:31
Is it true;

a) Capt/FO/Sec Off never get upgraded to First of Business

b) if no Econ Seats are avail but First and Business are- you won't be accepted on the flight?

Thanks

jtr
28th Aug 2004, 20:24
a) Capt/FO/Sec Off never get upgraded to First of Business?

Cathay does not have an upgrade on space available policy, or anything similar for ID travel

b) if no Econ Seats are avail but First and Business are- you won't be accepted on the flight?

If you list, and standby for econ. and there are no seats available, you will not get on UNLESS the ground staff upgrade a fare paying pax to make space for you.

asiadreams
29th Aug 2004, 13:49
jtr,

Thanks for the reply.

What a pity! Why?!

Truckmasters
1st Sep 2004, 11:31
while you can't get an upgrade is there anything to stop you listing for an ID 90(i assume that is what level the staff travel is at) business or first seat

jtr
2nd Sep 2004, 05:34
There is nothing to stop you listing for Bus. or First assuming you are eligible.

Cant get first till a number of years in the company (8 I think)

As for why it is like this, I am not knowing.

dhoonk
29th Sep 2004, 02:34
They can travel on their own.