PDA

View Full Version : Best way of finding FI work in China

patience
19th Jun 2004, 19:13
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if the worldy wise among you knew how one would go about finding flight instructing work out in (specifically) China (or Asia, generally, if anyone knows). The internet is not turning much up and i assume its due to Chinese websites being in (er..) Chinese.

I'm a Brit with my FAA CPL/IR/CFI/CMEI/CFII and fancy a bit of a break in that part of the world.. (am still in US at mo (too many republicans here for my liking (heeeelp)),

would appreciate any sort of related advice

Thanks in advance

Mike

Luke SkyToddler
19th Jun 2004, 21:56
I think you'll find mate that it's due to the fact that there are no flying schools, or indeed general aviation of any description, in China.

China Southern airlines have got a massive flying school in western australia though ...

foghorn
20th Jun 2004, 13:38
I read somewhere that civilian VFR is banned in China, although they are taking steps to relax this ban soon.

Would seem to be a fairly effective block on GA activities.

patience
20th Jun 2004, 17:39
okay, many thanks for that

I have a friend (a non aviating earthling) who has been teaching English out there, who swears he has seen an airfield full of the 'same little planes' i took him up in once (that would be the veritable C152).. now assuming he wasn't staring at a jet fighter, i'm hoping there are civilian flying activities going on.. but the question remains - 'what?'

thanks for your help anyway guys
ta
Mike

Mideast
21st Jun 2004, 12:51
Hi Patience,

Try www.mfa.edu.my/

rgds
Mideast:ok:

Blackshift
23rd Jun 2004, 02:14
Yegods! They use Tomahawks for "acrobatics" :eek:

patience
23rd Jun 2004, 17:07
Mideast,

what a star you are, thanking you kindly

Mike

Cheeky Whitey
22nd Jul 2004, 20:14
Patience,

Try www.rishworth.co.nz They are currently looking for flight instructors (both junior and senior) to be based in China.