PDA

View Full Version : British World Airlines

skyboy1919
19th Jun 2004, 16:37
Hiya Guys

Used to fly for BWA and am getting back into flying, however cannot get hold of anyone their to get a reference, does anyone know who is looking after the company now, or does anyone know how to get hold of anyone from Cabin Services, Either EB DM or DH would be great.

Still look back with great memories and wish they were still around, a great bunch of people at that airline

Any help would be great as it could stop me getting an ID thanks in advance.
x
:ok:

niknak
19th Jun 2004, 22:22
Why not try the "WHere are they now" forum.
Also, it's highly likely that ATC at Southend will know, or know someone who knows, where the people you need may be now.

All the best. :ok:

Buster the Bear
19th Jun 2004, 22:32
Britworld went belly up a good while back mate, they operated a B757 for a short while prior to thier collapse.

They have joined the ranks of.......many other airlines.

A shame as their roots were back to British Air Ferries.

Bristol Frighteners, Carvairs and CL-44's. I fondly remember G-ATZI arriving at Southend in July 72 and shaking the airport apart. I was part of the outbound cargo for Basle Zoo! (Same day as the A2-ANG I think, a C310 on delivery to Africa and CCCP42415 overflying en-route to Gatwick a TU-104?)

When I arrived, the VC8-700 G-APPX of Air International had just landed and the airport was awash with Channel Airways hulks following their demise.

A lovely viewing terrace on the first floor overlooked the apron, shame about the glass screen though.
http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

voddie
20th Jun 2004, 00:55
Hi Skyboy1919

Have sent you a PM regarding your query.

colegate
20th Jun 2004, 09:06
Try contacting Astraeus. Many of BWA management went there.

buffy747
20th Jun 2004, 20:08
Skyboy,

Hi there , I'm also ex BWA :p
I had to write to the tax office to prove how long I was working at BWA , heres there address if you need it (hope it helps)
South Essex area
Dencore Court
Tylers Avenue
Southend
SS1 2BE

Buffy

:)

skyboy1919
21st Jun 2004, 12:19
Hiya guys

Thanks for getting back to me, some helpful info and I hope it can help, out of intrest does anyone know what happened to Elaine, from Cabin Services, she was an amazing boss, and maybe she would be able to assist in this matter.

Thnaks again, and I wish everyone well in whatever they are doing now, and who knows, maybe we will see the lion flying again, miss that logo, one of the best!!

Cheers

Towerman
21st Jun 2004, 13:19
Try Mike Sessions - ex Commercial Director

[email protected]