PDA

View Full Version : Uk tour for hour building...

Foz2
19th Jun 2004, 15:28
Hi,

Ill be staring my hour building from either Denham or Stapleford very shortly and just wondering if anyone has any advice on nice places to go to (preferably cheap landing fees!!) I am planning to do a UK tour, maybe pop over to the Emerald Isle aswell as I have family in the North.

Ive got to build about 70-80 hours in about 2 months or so. Any advice on a nice route to take round the UK and maybe Ireland would be most appreciated.

Thanks very much

Foz

FlyingForFun
21st Jun 2004, 09:02
Sorry, Foz, no specific recommendations, but the idea of a tour of the UK sounds like a brilliant idea - not heard of anyone doing that before. Tours of the US are far more common, because of the price difference....

Whirlybird did a tour of the Scottish highlands a while back (just for fun, not for hour-building), you could trying PM-ing her to ask for recommendations in that part of the world, or search the Private Flying forum where I'm pretty sure she posted a write-up.

Just one thing... sounds like you're going to get loads of practice at navigation over some long distances and get to see some interesting places, but don't forget to practice stalls, PFLs, steep turns and so on along the way.

Any room in the back for a "hitchhiker"? ;) Have fun!

FFF
-----------------

PPRuNe Radar
21st Jun 2004, 11:55
Private Flying Forum thread is your best bet.