PDA

View Full Version : Busy winter for MAN !

This Charming Man
17th Jun 2004, 22:49
Proposed !

Air Berlin daily to PAD ,DUS and TXL
Fly BE 4x daily to BHD , 3 x daily to SOU
Mearsk 2x daily to CPH
EU Jet 2x daily to MSE
HLX daily to DUS,HAJ and HAM
IBE daily MAD with A320
KLM to increase from 3 a week to 2x daily RTM
Swiss 1 extra daily ZRH
Syrian 4x week to DAM with 74SP
BMI Baby daily to AMS
Virgin Express 2 x daily BRU

These are on top of the extra services annouced over the past
few months like AA MIA , Baltic ,Transaero,VBird etc.

crash_1983
18th Jun 2004, 11:41
you forgot Astraeus also flies from Manchester!:ok:

eggc
18th Jun 2004, 14:26
This Charming Man...

interesting to see the list of latest additions, but with one noticable ommision ( if true in the first place !!! )

Apparently Dublin airport has / is announcing the start, this winter, of the first fligth to Tokyo, which will be opertaed 3 times a week by ANA using a 777 - VIA MANCHESTER !!!

has anyone solid news on this...?

Rgds

Steve

Ringwayman
18th Jun 2004, 18:11
Is the Syrian in addition to the already started service? Maersk have already gone public on a 5 weekly CPH service and I've not noticed any KLM flights to RTM, let alone get them expanded.

chiglet
18th Jun 2004, 18:48
TCM,
RTM????:confused:
Sorry just seen ringwaymans post
watp,iktch

Scottie Dog
18th Jun 2004, 19:57
Interesting to see some of the destinations being talked about, and I do use not use the phrase lightly.

A lot of us will recall the massive growth that EGCC was due to experience this summer, and then things came off the boil.

Flybe were talked about for the summer, as were numerous other new routes and carriers (Malev for an example).

Yes, KLM were talking about operating a Rotterdam service on 3 days a week (great for the businessman, not), and it would be good to see a twice daily flight being reinstated - to replace the previous VLM one.

Let's be honest though and think realistically. Does Manchester need yet another airline on Belfast? Will Damascus support 4 flights a week? Yes, I would love to see the airport offering a wider choice of destinations, but not at the risk of losing those carriers who have been loyal in developing existing routes in the face of the old British Airways NIMBYs.

Scottie Dog

This Charming Man
19th Jun 2004, 11:43
Gents

EGGC - ANA ,No slots applied for this winter although the Star Alliance were looking for somebody to do 2 a week.

Ringwayman - SYR just thought i'd advise of an aircraft change from A320 to B74SP. As you said Maersk said 5 a week but the slots applied for which were amended after the initial announcement show 2 a day, so again just thought i'd advise.
The KLM RTM service was to be 3 a week as per press statement in April starting June now put back to Sept and amended to 2 daily.

Scottie Dog - I totally agree that the Airport has to careful not to put off the airlines that have loyally served the airport for years.

Can't agree that this summer came off the boil , moves still up 14% and most of what was announced did turn up with extra's !
Malev did'nt start because their runway slot was 3 hrs out ,Freight's very fickle so FDX was no surprise. As for SYR to DAM it's nothing to do with the trappings of the Goalan Heights
:D but more to do with their connections onwards to the middle east and Asia , apparently .

best rgds

Musket90
19th Jun 2004, 18:42
Caution with the LCC's on the list. A very dynamic situation.

Curious Pax
22nd Jun 2004, 14:28
Air Berlin's website has MAN-Berlin and Dusseldorf daily, and MAN-Paderborn 4 times per week, all bookable, flights starting 1st November, but no announcement in their press release section. Presumably if they want anyone to buy seats that will follow shortly!

Thomas_Cook_757-300
22nd Jun 2004, 17:41
Hi,
Air Berlin have now announced their new MAN and SOU services:

"Air Berlin strengthens Engagement in Britain" (http://www.airberlin.com/site/eng/presse_dr.php3?BROWSER=&ID=294)

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-300

master slug
22nd Jun 2004, 22:10
Reguarding your ref to SYR , Strolling down the apron on T2 this week-end gone. Noticed a Syrian 747sp on push back.

Going back to extra flights at man. The baggage systems at the airport are already at breaking point. Not to mention the fact that the system has never been at its best.

Still more money for the fat-cats.....

So says the slug.....

Flightmapping
23rd Jun 2004, 00:05
What a/c will AB be using to/from SOU? Is there demand to support a 737, or do AB still have some 146's left?

Scottie Dog
23rd Jun 2004, 21:12
Flightmapping - According to Air Berlin's website they are a 737 only operator.

master slug - I see that you have again shown your love for the airport at which you work. It seems you might almost have some kind of a personal vendetta against the airport management. Hopefully we will one day see a few positive postings with regards to Manchester.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
24th Jun 2004, 11:22
Air Berlin lease a couple of Bae146's from WDL. They are also leasing some Fokker 100's from Germania ... so strictly speaking their OWN fleet is all 737.

Scottie Dog
24th Jun 2004, 17:08
Olney 1 Bravo

Thanks for that input. It would make sense to commence services with something a little smaller than a 737-800.

Let's see what else might be coming Manchester's way. Lots of rumours, but I'll wait until schedules are announced and then make comment.

BAe 146-100
24th Jun 2004, 17:46
HLX daily to DUS and HAM

Not sure if this is true, HLX don't have a base in either of those airports.

Regards

conradmueller
27th Jun 2004, 19:46
These are only applications for slots. Air Berlin will be enough for DUS-MAN

Scottie Dog
28th Jun 2004, 12:29
Flybe have today announced the start of 3 x Mon-Fri services from Southampton to Manchester commencing with this winter's timetable.