PDA

View Full Version : New routes from the UK to Toulouse ?

shark1
15th Jun 2004, 07:05
Does anybody knoes if there will be soon new routes from the Uk to Toulouse ?
I heart that Flybe is interessed with an Exeter route , BA & Bmi with a Heathrow route and Easyjet from Liverpool and Newcastle.
For the summer programm :
- with BA : 3 daily flights from LGW
- EASYJET : 2 daily from LGW
- WW : 3 weeky from EMA + weekly from Cardiff
- BE : daily from BHX, BRS & SOU
- BD : d

Toulouse
15th Jun 2004, 07:40
Good morning. Lovely morning here in TLS isn't it?

I know the new Irish airline, Eujet, will be commencing flights between Toulosue and Kent International Airport in Autumn. Have no news on other new routes yet I would expect to see BA or BMI moving into cover TLS-LHR after AF leaving the route.

On another note, do you by any chance know the winter 2004/05 Aer Lingus schedule TLS-DUB. Thier web page time table says flights are being reduced to twice weekly yet when you try to book you are given options for flights four times weekly. Amadeus is also showing it at only 2 x week on Thurs and Sun yet if you try to book on Thurs (usually no service) you get a booking error message. Merci d'avance...

no, no, no
15th Jun 2004, 11:01
LHRTLS would make sense, but with LHR being the way it is could BA or bmi find the slots from somewhere else to fly it - can't imagine that it makes that much money, otherwise AF would have tried to buy the BE slots or move some flights from CDG where they have thousands....

BA do LGW anyway, so can only really see bmi doing it - and wouldn't they need to base it in TLS to make it work for the connections to the world? If so then aren't these the hardest - afterall they don't fly in the ealry morning from Paris which I assume is due to a lack of slots - they only have an early from ABZ after they stopped an overnight in Milan!!!!

thomas_ba
15th Jun 2004, 22:06
after who have stopped in Milan? A bit confused. :confused:

no, no, no
16th Jun 2004, 08:28
sorry - after bmi stopped their overnight flight from Milan - this early morning arrival was cancelled and introduced on Aberdeen this summer instead from what I can see.

If bmi did Toulouse they would really need t find another early arrival in to LHR - andthis is the issue I guess!!!!

symphonyangel
16th Jun 2004, 19:23
The suggestion of Liverpool Toulouse would seem to make a lot of sense especially given the obvious Airbus business connection and ezy still have only two routes to France from Liverpool despite having been operating from there for 7 years.

LGS6753
16th Jun 2004, 20:38
Having a look at the TLS website, and taking tomorrow as a guide:

There are 112 arrivals - 67 (60%) internal French flights including 38 (34%) to Paris. Air France operate 66 (59%) of the flights.

Apart from the UK locos mentioned, European majors fly to the capital cities and there are a few flights to North African capitals.

TLS isn't really a major gateway to a popular region of France for Brits, so the scope for more UK flights looks limited. But if EZY wanted to take on Air France, they could try it here (if the French would use a non-French airline!)

Toulouse
16th Jun 2004, 21:14
Agree to a certain extent with you LGS6753... but just in defense of my newly found beloved local airport of Toulouse Blagnac (I'm not French by the way), a. Air France don't fly any flights to the UK from TLS, and even when they did (until this summer) it was on a code-share basis and operated by FlyBe. Airlines operating TLS-UK are Easyjet, BA, BMI, Flybe and Bmababy. As you pointed out there is a very frequent shuttle service between TLS and ORY and CDG. Lots of domestic traffic. IB fly 3 times taily to MAD (and are adding on an extra two flights per day as of July) plus AF fly twice a day to MAD. Germany is also well served with LH offering about 3 flights daily to Frankfurt and 2 or 3 adily to Munich, other carriers also operate daily services to Bremen (+ the obvious Airbus shuttle services). KLM fly 3 times daily to AMS and Brussels Airlines fly twice daily to BRX. Other daily European flights are to Geneva, Milan, Lisbon. Dublin is served 4 times a week by EI, who recently appear to have switched from a 737-500 to an A320. Maersk also fly 3 times a week (I think, maybe twice) to Copenhagen. Daily flights to North Africa. Summer flights to Montreal. Lots of charters in the winter, mainly from UK and Ireland for skiing in the Ptrenees, and quite a lot of charter flights for the local market to Spain, Greece, Italy, Malta, Egypt and La Réunion. You can see a lot of Spanair, Futura and Air Europas at the weekend.
Toulouse Blagnac is the fourth busiest airport in France in terms of passenger traffic, and the second after Paris for cargo. Growth perspectives are good. And they're is an important British community in the area. That's me finished with my rant... sorry about that... :ok:

ZFT
18th Jun 2004, 06:27
LGW - TLS really needs competition. The fares are ridiculous.

Last month I tried to book one way economy TLS-LGW, only to be told that I would have to fly Business at some ridiculous amount (451 Euro I think, but whatever it was it was far too high as my onward flight to BKK was cheaper!!!!).

JobsaGoodun
18th Jun 2004, 08:51
ZFT why not look at the Flybe price into SOU. I know that services are limited but SOU has a rail link into London and the shortest walk of any UK airport from terminal to rail station......Yes it's more hassle but for significantly lower cost.

I've just looked at today's flight which departs an a few hours and the total fare is just 108 euros. Cheap enough to buy the rail fares ontop

MAN777
18th Jun 2004, 10:46
There is a huge un tapped market for MAN - Toulouse, mainly mancunian spotters making their pilgrimage to Mecca (AKA Airbus industries):)

ZFT
19th Jun 2004, 01:27
Jobsagoodun,

Thanks for info. My problem was a tight connection out of LHR (due to late change of plans)

What really annoyed me was the imposition of business class on this one way flight. BA European business class s a joke. Move a curtain a few feet and charge a very high price.

Cheers