PDA

View Full Version : Staff rate flying?

skint2
14th Jun 2004, 10:14
I am currently hour building and looking to change jobs. I was wondering if I were to work in a local flying club would it drasticly cut my costs? Could anyone give me a rough figure for staff rates on a 4 seater a/c?

tom24
14th Jun 2004, 11:01
Drastically cut your costs - i think not.

FTO's are money making organisations. Say they charge £100 per hour solo. You want a drastic saving, so say they give you the plane for £50/£60 per hour, over 100 hours they will lose out on £4,000-£5,000, or look at it as £4,000-£5,000 on top of your salary there. I can't see that your plan is going to work somehow....

Research, research, research as there are good deals to be had out there with groups etc. Read the mags, search obscure internet links. I did and now fly a PA28 from a London field that's always available when i want for days or weekends away. I pay £30 per month and £43 per hour with nil capital.

Good luck with your search!

carb
30th Jun 2004, 23:24
Working for the CAA, though, does get you access to subsidised flying, or so I heard from a former employee... it's to encourage them to get PPLs... and of course yet another way of spending our licensing fees etc...

Subsidised canteens aswell... definitely the place to work!!