PDA

View Full Version : CX Fleet destinations

Techo Taxi Driver
13th Jun 2004, 09:56
Hi all

Trying to prepare for a S/O first interview.

Can someone please tell me where the specific fleets fly to. In particular the a340-300 and the B747-400 (obviously as that's where the posting would be). All the destinations are on the website but I can't seem to link to aircraft type.

Many thanks in advance
TTD

HotDog
13th Jun 2004, 11:12
http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/cx/timetable/cxtimetable.pdf

The above URL will tell you all the information you require.

404 Titan
13th Jun 2004, 11:47
Rev,

You beat me to it. Next time Techo try Google. It is a wanderful thing.

Good luck with the interview.:ok:

Techo Taxi Driver
14th Jun 2004, 21:30
Cheers for that

Have gone through the timetable. Great information. The only thing that isn't covered is where the 340-600 is used versus the 340-300 and the same applies to the 777-200 and 300's. Of course I appreciate that the larger aircraft would be used for the longer routes but do Cx chop and change between to different series based on predicted loads for those flights?

Much appreciated.
TTD

HotDog
15th Jun 2004, 00:40
TTD, load http://www.cathaypacific.com/. Go to Schedules and Fares, click on Show Schedules which will show you aircraft type.
Yes, they do operate different types according to load demand.

Schrodingers Cat
15th Jun 2004, 08:15
Strange how we old farts managed to gather this sort of information before the internet and still pass the interview(s)........makes one wonder about the calibre of recruits these days .........:hmm:

spannersatcx
15th Jun 2004, 09:00
Strange how we old farts managed to gather this sort of information before the internet and still pass the interview(s)........makes one wonder about the calibre of recruits these days .........

Strange attitude, can't see what the problem is, You use what tools are available to you, and as the internet is a useful tool I say use it. And how you can judge somebodies calibre by asking a simple question, makes me wonder on the calibre of those that are there at the moment!:confused:

Schrodingers Cat
16th Jun 2004, 06:21
....seems to me there were a damn sight less ADDs when us old farts joined as well.............:p

spannersatcx
16th Jun 2004, 20:03
Yes but there was only 2 a/c back then.........

VR-HFX
17th Jun 2004, 04:50
Spanners

Still are...and they both start with the word Boeing.

With regard to the other bits and pieces...the 340-600 is currently doing LAX...sometimes....but is going to do the non-stop to JFK. Heard they are going to leave one on the ground there to ensure schedule integrity:\

Schrodingers Cat
18th Jun 2004, 08:02
It's a bit like when we first got the -330......cowlings open automatically when parking brakes set.....:p