PDA

View Full Version : VLM to operate LCY-JER

Charlie Fox
12th Jun 2004, 17:42
VLM commence the LCY-JER service as of 30th June. Bargain fares to be had. (http://www.vlm-airlines.com/jersey.asp)

WHBM
13th Jun 2004, 07:27
VLM have done this route before some years ago, but were seen off it by Flybe (actually probably still called British European at that stage), but never at this frequency. Flybe are giving it up on 16 June, in itself an unusual time of year to give up a Jersey route because if they've been able to keep it going until now surely they could have made a bit of money through to September.

I have a member of staff in the office who lives in Cambridge, needs to go to a client in Jersey sometimes, and finds this the most convenient route. Shows how far the LCY catchment area extends if there is nothing out of Stansted.

Flybe will be down to just one route out of London City now, to the Isle of Man, an awkward operation for them as they don't have a base at either end of the route. If they let go of this, wonder if VLM will go for that as well ?

aerfungus
13th Jun 2004, 10:27
I was under the impression that FlyBE were pulling all routes out of London City by the end of the month.
They are both good routes for VLM to pick up. I just wonder how the Fokker50 will cope with the amount of cargo that is carried on both routes as the Dash 8 had more room for the awkward shapes and sizes.

Aerfungus