PDA

View Full Version : Info wanted about airline called OLT

MerchantVenturer
12th Jun 2004, 17:33
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum - it is a question but it is also about an airline.

There is a weekly charter flight from Bristol (BRS) to Olbia (OLB) in Sardinia apparently operated by a small independent German airline called OLT (Ostfriesische Lufttransport).

The Bristol Airport provisional operational timetable ('Mayfly') shows a Saab 2000 as the equipment for this flight but the same airport's real time apron plan currently shows a Saab 340 as having just worked in from OLB on this charter. I noticed that it was also a 340 when I checked a couple of weeks ago.

Does anyone know anything about this airline? Each Saturday morning the aircraft apparently positions in from neighbouring Filton and returns there afterwards.

I wonder what the reaction of pax is when they realise they have to fly to Sardinia on a Saab 340. I believe that Duo was originally contracted to work this weekly flight with a CRJ.

Any info about OLT and also its relationship with Filton would be of interest to me. Many thanks to anyone who might help.

codeco
12th Jun 2004, 18:34
Hi,

OLT is a German regional carrier that operates Saab 2000's, Saab340's a few smaller aircraft. www.olt.de

As you said the Olbia flight was due to be operated by DUO on a CRJ. Flybe operated the first OLB flight and then OLT took over the next week as DUO had gone before the programme started.

Can confirm the aircraft used is a Saab 2000. For some reason the Saab 2000 isn't on the list of aircraft in the airports 'Managair' system that ATC and the handling agents use to share flight information, I'm not sure how they got the Mayfly to display a Saab 2000 as I'm sure they get generated by the Managair system.

The aircraft positions from/to Fitlon as I believe OLT operate a number of flights from Filton during the week on behalf of Airbus, corporate shuttles, to other Airbus places.

Regards

Loco Traveller
12th Jun 2004, 19:48
I believe they also fly London City - Bremen on a double daily (?) basis.