PDA

View Full Version : CLK Transit

Dumbledore
12th Jun 2004, 15:44
I'm not sure this is the right forum for this one but I'll try anyway.

I will be flying on a staff rebate ticket from London to Melbourne on CX and will be stopping in HK for a few hours. Because I'm flying on stand-by, I will not be issued a boarding pass until the last moment.

Question: How can I get access to the Premium Plaza Lounge at CLK? (It is only accessable via the Dep level and you need a boarding pass to get to it). Would CX give me a blank boarding pass or a transit slip?

I'd appreciate input from anyone having run into the problem.

Thanks to all!

Dumbledore.

ps: I asked CX here but nobody seems to know.

404 Titan
12th Jun 2004, 17:16
Dumbledore

Are you traveling on an interline sub load ticket? If you are, you won’t be able to use the CX first or business class lounges as they are for full fare pax only. If you have info that you can use them, they are only accessible from the departures level so you will need to go through the transit security areas.

Dumbledore
12th Jun 2004, 18:34
Thanks for your reply 404.

Actually, I'll be travelling on a ID 90 and the lounge I was refering to is the one opened to the general public for a small cost.

Traffic
15th Jun 2004, 03:01
I would go to the CX counters on the arrival level located between Bays 1 and 21 before clearing immigration and customs. Smile as sweetly as you can and check the situation for the Melbourne flight. If it is wide open they may just give you a boarding pass. In that case they can retrieve your bags from the carousel and re-tag for Melbourne.

If no joy there, clear immigration and customs and trudge up to the queue upstairs.