PDA

View Full Version : ICAO to Canadian ATPL

747fanatic
12th Jun 2004, 09:02
Hello. I hold an ICAO ATPL and being a permanent resident i would like to acquire a canadian one. Kindly let me know of the process and the quickest way to do this preferrably in the Montreal area. Thanks

justcurious
13th Jun 2004, 03:05
A strating reference would be found here:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/REGSERV/CARAC/CARS/cars/401e.htm#401_06

That having been said, I believe you must write the Instrument, as well as the two ATPL exams, and pass a pilot proficiency flight test. The flight check or PPC simply requires you to be able to fly a multi-engined aircraft under normal and simulated emergencies while flying IFR.

Almost any flying club in the MTL area could do this for you. Since I haven't been there in 25 years, my advise about local schools would be worthless.

VRThomas
13th Jun 2004, 06:02
This is a little obscure I think.

Canada IS a member of ICAO.

There are different procedures for converting licenses from different countries regardless of whether or not they ar ICAO.

Go to the Transport Canada Site if you wish but your best bet will be to contact a flight school in the location of your choice and ask them. They will know for sure. That AND the price!

Good Luck.

VRT:ok:

Soleil
18th Jun 2004, 19:12
Your best source of requirements would be to either go into the Transport Canada website, or go into the local office and talk to a licensing inspector directly. If you are looking for a good school in Montreal... give Laurentide Aviation a call. They were the best when I used to be there.

Good luck