PDA

View Full Version : RUMOURS - new BMI A330s TOULOUSE?

CATAWAMPUS
11th Jun 2004, 21:02
Can someone 'in the know' confirm whether there are any A330s with bmi markings on the production line in Toulouse. Rumours to the effect may impact the pay deal currently being negotiated (sic).

There must be someone who works at / has visited the factory or who has been thru Toulouse and can answer this. Hundreds want to know...

Thanks.

Maxfli
11th Jun 2004, 22:21
I doubt it is in BMI colours on the production line. The composite structure is a mix of grey and lime green when in production.

Painting is only completed after rollout I'm told.
BMI have nothing on the airbus order book:

http://www.airbus.com/doc/media/ordersndeliveries/orders_n_deliveries.xls

However with some deal in the near future re: open skies expected it would be a shrewd gamble by Bishop.

If it's to be leased ILFC or Gecas would be the best place to search.

If you really want to find out, talk to the person who schedules the sim details. That will tell if there is a plan.

ATB

crewrest
12th Jun 2004, 06:53
Aren't the rudders painted up and fitted fairly early into the build

Maxfli
12th Jun 2004, 10:13
Picture of new A380 rollout in composite pre paint

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=587283&WxsIERv=QWlyYnVzIEEzODAtODAw&WdsYXMg=QWlyYnVzIEluZHVzdHJpZQ%3D%3D&QtODMg=VG91bG91c2UgLSBCbGFnbmFjIChUTFMgLyBMRkJPKQ%3D%3D&ERDLTkt=RnJhbmNl&ktODMp=TWF5IDIwMDQ%3D&BP=0&WNEb25u=R29sZG1hbm4gQWlyIFNwb3R0ZXJz&xsIERvdWdsY=&MgTUQtODMgKE=QTM4MCByb2xscyBvdXQuLi5vbmUgbWFzc2l2ZSBwbGFuZS4 uLg%3D%3D&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=ODAwNTk%3D&NEb25uZWxs=MjAwNC0wNS0yNw%3D%3D&ODJ9dvCE=&O89Dcjdg=NTAwMA%3D%3D&static=yes

TwinAisle
12th Jun 2004, 11:01
The rudders are usually painted up fairly early on in the production process, and the aircraft itself normally has some signs round it showing whose it is. The A380 rolling out is a test specimen, and will never be operated by anyone (will be pulled about by AI), has no rudder, and so it's just green.

TA

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
12th Jun 2004, 11:59
how come thats the only pic i can ever find of the new 380 ? sure there must be side on or others pics around ? anyone ?

Algy
12th Jun 2004, 19:58
BMI formally says this is not true. There are no more A330s coming at present.

Chalky
13th Jun 2004, 06:51
BMI formally says this is not true. There are no more A330s coming at present.
Strange, then, that bmi have apparently given Monarch Engineering the details of two new engines for ETOPS approval...........:confused:

energiser
13th Jun 2004, 07:42
chalky,

The engines on our 330's are swapped 'in and out' depending on hours etc. We had a loan engine from rolls for a while that was then swapped for another. I'd guess that the two engines will be replacements/loans for a couple of the higher houred engines (2000 hours+) currently on the fleet.

Two engines does not equal 2 330's, so I'd say the 'rumour' is indeed just a rumour :)

CATAWAMPUS
13th Jun 2004, 12:22
Is there anyone from inside the factory out there who can comment?