PDA

View Full Version : OPC/LPC/Recurrency???????????

five iron
10th Jun 2004, 12:02
Calling all training captains

I have seen this topic before, but can not find the thread. Can anyone please shed some light on this for me. What is the difference between:
1) LPC (line Proficiency Check
2) OPC (Operators Proficiency Check
3) Recurrency training

Please help, as I am getting more baffled as the day goes on!!:confused:

redbar1
10th Jun 2004, 12:50
Five iron,

LPC = Licence Proficiency Check (Not 'line...'). Related to your Licence, regulated by JAR-FCL

OPC = Operators Proficiency Check. Related to the AOC organisation you fly for, regulated by JAR-OPS

Recurrency Training = As the word 'training' indicates, not a check at all

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,
Redbar

five iron
10th Jun 2004, 14:30
Thanks Redbar. Has made it clearer. :ok:

mad_jock
10th Jun 2004, 21:42
There isn't that much difference I can tell between LPC and OPC.

LPC you have to do a SID and a hold all the rest is about the same as the OPC far as I can tell.

MJ

er82
11th Jun 2004, 08:40
LPC is basically a renewal of your IR. OPC is pretty much the same, but more scope for 'training'. I think.

redbar1
11th Jun 2004, 11:28
Hi mad_jock and er82,

Yes, agree. That is why you will find in NPA 19 to JAR-FCL 1 (Aeroplane) & NPA 20 to JAR-FCL 2 (Helicopter) an amendment to 1.245 & 2.245, stating that OPC & LPC are for all practical purposes 'interchangeable'. This means that pilots who have performed their OPC in their AOC organisation will be extempt from also having to perform an LPC. :ok:
Cheers,
redbar

Ex Oggie
11th Jun 2004, 17:43
Does this mean that an LPC is similar to the old Base check, and the OPC equates to the Line check?

ExO

Ojuka
13th Jun 2004, 08:49
Ex Oggie:

Line Checks have nothing to do with OPCs / LPCs. They are conducted on the aircraft during a normal scheduled sector.

Other poster (sorry don't know how to look back without losing my post):

LPCs cannot be replaced by OPCs. Vice versa is however correct, since an OPC is not a licence requirement by the CAA, the LPC has more content and covers all the points of the OPC and more. It is correct that IR renewals are usually combined with an LPC.