PDA

View Full Version : LCY Air Display?

PAXboy
9th Jun 2004, 15:51
Hi folks, The web site of LCY states that there is an 'air show' as part of their 'fun day' on Saturday 3rd July but I cannot find any info?

The web site gives an email address but does anyone have experience of previous years? What sort of a/c do

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. they normally parade?

Cheers

WHBM
10th Jun 2004, 22:49
Paxboy:

The show is about 1/2 mile from my house and I have seen it in previous years too. For a minor event it can be quite interesting.

LCY normally shuts down at lunchtime on Saturday but that's when the aircraft start to arrive. Usually a small but competently displayed selection of aerobatics, a warbird or three, wingwalkers on a Tiger Moth, the Utterley Butterley lot, sometimes skydivers (a bit restricted under the LTMA), one or two other things. All displayed nicely over the old Albert Dock away from the crowd line. Fairground rides etc are also assembled on the apron. Most of the participants have flown away by about 1800. It's all to raise funds for local charities.

PAXboy
11th Jun 2004, 11:50
Many thanks WHBM.

WHBM
3rd Jul 2004, 22:13
Anyone who has seen previous years' shows find today's display a bit lightweight ?

But for those who were up there hammering away, thanks for what you did. Hope it was fun !