PDA

View Full Version : EFT & Delta Academy Questions

heinzmanm
8th Jun 2004, 19:34
OK, I know that there have been many posts regarding both EFT and the Delta Academy - believe me, I have spent the last few weeks reading a large majority of them!
However, there are a couple of questions that I would like answered from a students point of view, rather than the schools themselves.

Firstly, does anyone know how much Delta charge for their student housing? I have looked on their website and also have the most recent pack from them but there appears to be no mention of cost?
Secondly, I am trying to decide between EFT and Delta Academy to complete my CPL from zero hours (EFT's APP or Delta's Professional Pilot Internship Programme). They both cost similar amounts of money but EFT give you approx. 1500 hours on completion where as Delta give only 800-900. Both programmes include 12 months of instructorship. Would it be better to go for EFT's which offers most hours or am I just as likely to gain employment with 800 hours?
Finally, can any RECENT students from either of these schools give opinions on the area where you are based (Fort Pierce for EFT and Sanford for Delta). Are there any problems living in these areas? Is there plenty to do in recreation terms in both places

Looking forward to some opinions which may assist me in making a final decision.
Thanks

Matthew

EGAC_Ramper
8th Jun 2004, 20:00
I myself looked at Delta ass I wish to embark on the full course sometime later this year/early next year.Though I do know Delta themselves are nearing asking for "chapter 11 protection" from bankruptcy.To be honest I have no idea on how this would affect the academy which claims to be owned by Delta.Other than that I was very close to picking them.

Regards

mattd2k
9th Jun 2004, 16:14
Matthew,

You might want to check out my post on EFT's APP scheme that I wrote a couple on months ago.

EFT APP Scheme (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122662&highlight=EFT)

As for living in Fort Pierce, forget it. It is not the nicest of places. Most of the students, as I do, live in Vero Beach about 10 miles north.

There is actually plenty to do there for entertainment away from flying , it is just a case of picking up the local free papers to see what is going on locally. With regards to nightlife though, it is rather limited.

Hope you find this useful,
Good Luck,
Matt

jordie
10th Jun 2004, 13:09
Hey guys

Don't mean to be a pain but I am also very interested in applying to the Delta Connection Academy and have just been on their website. To take the tour of the academy it says you can fly free with Delta!! Without sounding stupid are Delta willing to fly interested people out to Orlando for free? Has anyone visited the academy??

Thanks
Jordie

Mr.Qte
13th Jun 2004, 18:24
Student housing @ Delta is $515/month. Shuttle from housing to school and return is included.

Av8trxx
15th Jun 2004, 02:56
If you are interested in attending DCA, here is a whole forum about them, student experiences included-

http://jetcareers.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB12

You might also do a search of

The FlightInfo.com Message Forums (http://forums.flightinfo.com) if you have not as well. There are tons of posts about them there too.