PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Ground school qualifications

nottelling
7th Jun 2004, 15:57
This may sound like an odd question but:

I have read that the ATPLs USED to be classed as an NVQ.
Are the ATPL exams now classed as anything else when they are complete?

Thanks for the info

NT:ok:

Charlie Zulu
7th Jun 2004, 17:08
Hi NotTelling,

In days gone by (late 90's) there used to be an NVQ qualification but only 1 person every obtained all of the necessary signatures etc to obtain the NVQ (you needed airline experience for the qualification iirc). It was a Level 4 NVQ.

I have the NVQ Folder at home with all of the requirements, sign off sheets etc as I enrolled on the afformentioned NVQ.

This used to also give a tax saving of 23%(?) from any flight training and hours building towards a commercial career in Aviation. However the Government found that quite a few people were abusing this tax saving to gain PPL's and stop their training at that level without any intention of going commercial so revoked the 23% saving on flight training.

I obtained my PPL using the tax relief that was available to us seven years ago.

Sadly there isn't anything around that recognise JAR-FCL ATPLs as qualifications in their own right. Some Universities use the JAR-FCL ATPL exams and course as one of their yearly modules on their Degree schemes I seem to remember reading somewhere on here.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

nottelling
7th Jun 2004, 17:21
Cheers mate

I thought it was too good to be true someone offering to pay for distance learning nvq type qualifications the day after I read something about ATPLs and NVQs

Never mind I suppose its off to work to earn the readies for the ATPL training :\

NT:ok: