PDA

View Full Version : Flights at BFS

BFS/BHD
6th Jun 2004, 17:44
Does anyone know who is operating the chater flights to Jamaica and Bourgas from BFS this summer.

Any help would be great.

richardnei
6th Jun 2004, 21:40
MyTravel are doing the Jamaica flight this summer, however if don't know who is doing the Bourgas flight. Could be BH Air.

Hope this Helps

goatbusters
6th Jun 2004, 22:18
I believe Hemus Air are operating the Bourgas flights.

BFS/BHD
7th Jun 2004, 14:12
Does anyone know the flight schedules for the flight to Jamaica and when it is starting.

Buc Driver
7th Jun 2004, 22:10
I know this is getting a little of topic, but has anyone news of any further new routes to europe.

BFS/BHD
8th Jun 2004, 15:04
Hers my thoughts of what would work;

SN Brussels Airlines- 2x Mon-Fri to BRU BAe146/RJ100

Continental- Daily to EWR B757 or
Aer Lingus- 5x weekly JFK via ORK/SNN A330

Jet2/Easyjet- 3/4x weekly FAO/BCN/VCE B737

I think all these routes are possible and would be popular with the local businessman and leisure passengers.

richardnei
8th Jun 2004, 16:13
Heard yesterday that Continental Airlines Management are visiting the BFS this week to look round the airport facilities.

Richard

ALLMCC
8th Jun 2004, 16:21
...and aren't they in for a shock!!!

BFS/BHD
8th Jun 2004, 16:27
Yep dont think they will like it to much. But will hopefully start flights anyway.

SNNEI
8th Jun 2004, 21:17
Belfast boyz,

Don't knock your airport so much.. I for one, always found it quite nice. Ok, it's small, but thats not a bad thing, the staff are friendly and there's plenty of space. I surely think there is nothing about BFS that will put CO off flying in there.

Now, it is a while since I was there, so if anything has changed in the mean time quality wise, please let us know!

Cheers!

NWSRG
8th Jun 2004, 21:56
A 757 to JFK or Newark 4/5 times a week should have no problem making money.

After all, Aer Lingus made an A330 / MD11 pay on the same schedule pre-9/11.

Hope Continental go for it...or even Delta with a 763?

Chillwinston
9th Jun 2004, 12:50
good to see ALLMCC being constructive with his comments as per usual....... some things never change

Kestrel_909
11th Jun 2004, 14:49
SNNEI,
It is a lovely place, but ofcourse I am biased :)

MyT seem to have a larger presence this year then, with YYZ and SFB departing on a Friday an hour after each other, then Saturday morning the SFB and YYZ returning, plus TSC from YYZ. Gosh, we're looking more and more like an international airport everyday :O

CO would be good, even if a 757 while DUB and GLA get the 764. Been rumours of them for a while now so hope to see some good news soon, indeed EI were able to keep healthy pax numbers on their JFK via Shannon route with the MD11 and A330s, with a lot of the pax originating in BFS, or so I heard.

BFS/BHD
11th Jun 2004, 16:00
Sounds like the NY flight could be announced soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3798011.stm

NWSRG
12th Jun 2004, 12:04
Is the SkyService Palma-Toronto via Belfast happening this year again?

Last year was run by an A330, which arrived into BFS and departed again on a Saturday afternoon.

Kestrel_909
12th Jun 2004, 13:31
I don't think so NWSRG, if it was I'd have thought it would have started by now. Think we'll have to live without it :(

NWSRG
13th Jun 2004, 22:23
See that a second Air Transat flight from Toronto has started. A310 arriving Monday mornings.

Kestrel_909
13th Jun 2004, 22:25
Hopefully see the Tirstar in once or twice during the year, fingers crossed. Saw it a few times lastyear or year before, something different.;)

ALLMCC
14th Jun 2004, 09:39
According to latest NI Travel News, proposed BWIA service will not be happening as planned - start date has been postponed until October at earliest - anyone know what happened?

BFS/BHD
14th Jun 2004, 15:39
Thats a bit of a dissapointment, was looking forward to seeing the A340 at BFS. But i could see it coming as apperently there are high loads on the MAN-POS flights now so maybe there waiting until bmi start there flights to the caribbean.

BTW does anyone know the aircraft being used on MBJ flight. I would assume it to be a A330. Can anyone confirm this.

BFS/BHD
16th Jul 2004, 15:38
Latest news is that Zoom Airlines will be starting flight to BFS next summer to YYZ. So if BFS keeps all the YYZ flights that it has this year it will have 4 flights next year.

Also a new flight to Corsica will be starting Autumn 2004

eastern wiseguy
17th Jul 2004, 22:40
BFS/bhd wrote

Yep dont think they will like it to much.

Would you like to elaborate?.Which particular OPERATIONAL features will disappoint?.I ask because people like Allmcc can't give me an answer(Did you EVER finish my runways quiz??see me later!!!).Is it the 2800 metre CAT3 equipped runway that might not be to their taste?Or is it the 24 hour availability which would make them shy away? Perhaps it is the fully equipped Air Traffic unit :ok: .Go on ....please tell me..I would dearly like to know!

MarkD
18th Jul 2004, 17:42
Zoom may operate YYZ via St. John's or Halifax as it does with some of its other services.

Given the local accents on the Rock a service from there to Ireland might do good business :)