PDA

View Full Version : Bristol GS/ PAT/epta/bcft

Robthestudent
5th Jun 2004, 14:18
With reference to the recent spate between Send Clowns and Keith Williams my advice to anyone is do your groundschool at Bristol and the flight training at PAT, both organisations are head and shoulders above the amateurs that Clowns and Mr Williams work for. For the record whilst Peggy may be overly enthusiatic in his criticism of SFT/EPTA, this is a very small world and reputations are very easily made. I know some people who are still in a financial mess as a result of SFT however I do feel the governing body should take more of an interest in the financial state of schools rather than ripping students off as well with exhorbitant charges.

Rob

scroggs
5th Jun 2004, 17:31
Perhaps you can give us the reasons behind your recommendations, as to baldly state that A is better than B without supporting evidence is meaningless. For instance, have you attended all of the schools you mention?

Scroggs

trevelyan
5th Jun 2004, 21:09
both organisations are head and shoulders above the amateurs that Clowns and Mr Williams work for

Thats one hell of an accusation, as per scroggs, lets here all the details the brought you to this conclusion....

:ouch:

Robthestudent
6th Jun 2004, 17:45
With reference to my previous posts my groundschool was done at PPsc and flying at PAT. I got first time passes atpls and cpl/ir through a huge amount of effort with a lot of help from both the aforementioned organisations. However I will retract my remark reference about 'amateurs' it was a bit ott. I know PPSC are a thing of the past but i think no one can dispute they had a great reputation and also PAT whom I am sure are still generating excellent training with comparable results. As i have said on previous posting FTOs should not be shy about disclosing results,
and the CAA should play a more proactive role in the financial security of schools. All that said the greatest challenge is with the student who most give 150% to acheive because in this industry nothing is ever given to you on a plate.

Ta Ta

Flying Farmer
6th Jun 2004, 18:40
Hi Rob

Would love to know your problem with BCFT, did my Multi, CPL and IR there after SFT departed with just a few grand of my money !!
SFT did my ground school for the ATPL's, Send Clowns just happened to be my nav instructor, passed all first time, not a bad average either.
Just what makes them amateurs Rob, I'm sure a few here would love to know.

All the best

Flying F

Robthestudent
6th Jun 2004, 21:24
Flying Farmer,

I have already retracted my remark about BCFT and EPTA. Perhaps I was disappointed to see two prominent members of FTOs engaging in a very unprofessional war of words.

Rob