PDA

View Full Version : EK: Dubai nonstop to SouthAmerica??

Airgus
5th Jun 2004, 06:07
I heard a rumor that Emirates (EK) will fly to Brazil (Rio or Sao Paulo) this year and to Argentina (Buenos Aires) within 2 years.

Does anybody knows something else about this rumor?...

Happy landings...

AirG.-:ok:

White Knight
5th Jun 2004, 06:28
Good chance I'm sure....

uy707
5th Jun 2004, 12:26
I personally see Emirates initially focusing on markets hosting large ethnic Syrian and Lebanese populations, they are Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires and Caracas. MEA has a similar idea in mind.
Alain

Airgus
23rd Jun 2004, 20:50
I found this on the www. :cool:

http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/Business2.asp?ArticleID=123115

happy Landings,

AirGus.-

Emirates to launch new flights

Staff Report

Dubai: Emirates will soon launch new flights to Toronto, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires, Maurice Flanagan, Emirates vice-chairman and group president, said in New York recently.

More than 450 VIPs, including a former astronaut, government officials and business, travel and community leaders, thronged a stylish gala dinner here to celebrate the first Emirates passenger service to New York.

The astronaut was Colonel Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin, who became the second man to set foot on the Moon.

Welcoming them, Flanagan said the new daily non-stop service confirms the Dubai-based carrier's place as "a truly global airline" serving five continents.

"The Big Apple was Emirates' first passenger destination in the Americas," and will soon be joined by several more destinations, he said.

The Airbus A340-500 jets used by Emirates on its New York route can carry passengers almost anywhere on earth with no more than a single stop in Dubai.

Its non-stop EK 201 New York service leaves Dubai daily at 8am to reach JFK's ultra-modern Terminal 4 at 2pm that day. The return EK202 leaves JFK at 11:30 pm and lands in Dubai at 8:20pm next day.

Skyg
8th Dec 2004, 07:11
Hi Guys!,

Any other Info about EK's plans to flight to Argentina???

I know the route had been given, but nothing further...!...

Somebody knows something about it? Any clue?...

:confused: