PDA

View Full Version : Help!

TicTac1982
4th Jun 2004, 15:33
Hi, im due to graduate this july with a Geography degree and have finally decided to take the plunge and enrol on an ab-initio course in the states, however i have a few questions that I would like to ask before i do:

I hopefully plan on borrowing a majority of the $£ from the bank, how willing are they to lend money for this kind of study ? i have already contacted them and have been told by HSBC that they lend for professional pilot licences.

What companies do u recommend that I look into ? (reputation and price wise). If by some miracle I can get the funding I want to borrow as little as possible! (but have been given a quote of $45,000 by a school in florida - is this cheap?)

Thanks for your help in advance!

:ok: :E

timharrison
4th Jun 2004, 16:14
HSBC will lend you the money... but remember, they want it back at the end of the day.

Think it through very carefully, why have you decided to train in the states? Be careful with quotes that you get, this may be a very rough guide, you will need money for accommodation (if not already provided) general day to day things, a flight home etc.

Have you thought of a modular course in the UK? it could prove to be cheaper in the long run.

Which ever way you go, good luck with the training!
:ok:

Straightandlevel80kt
7th Jun 2004, 20:14
Hi TicTac

That's good advice from TimHarrison. Think very hard before going down the borrowing route. Right now I honestly believe it's the road to ruin.

Best of luck whatever you decide.