PDA

View Full Version : new 747 cargo operation in italy

wideloader
4th Jun 2004, 10:03
anybody know anything about a new cargo operation with 747s in italy????

4th Jun 2004, 15:19
Only what it says in Flightinternational:
Ocean Airlines
Aims to operate 5 B747-200s

(AGI) - Montechiari (Bs), Italy, May 7 - Ocean Airlines, the first Italian airline only for cargo, and especially for the Far East, has taken off. It was founded in September 2003.Ocean Airlines SpA is a company whose shareholders are Italian and Austrian investors. Flights will begin the third quarter of 2004- Managing Director, Fabio Console, said in a note. The initial investment planned is for 150 million euro in the 2004-2006 period- The turnover expected for the first year of activity is over 100 million euro. Ocean Airlines has established its base in the Gabriele D'Annunzio airport in Brescia Montichiari. (AGI) .
According to this website. (http://www.agi.it/english/news.pl?doc=200405072201-1260-RT1-CRO-0-NF30&page=0&id=agionline-eng.bnessitaly)

Frt-Door
4th Jun 2004, 15:37
The aircraft are from Lufthansa B747-230F

petitblanc
4th Jun 2004, 23:25
Anyone knows if there are using l/m on the airplanes?
Somebody knows the contact of that company?
thx

Schrodingers Cat
12th Jun 2004, 14:59
Italian/Austrian investors..................gonna be interesting to see THEIR flight time limitations and MEL compliance schemes! :yuk:

Thunderball 2
16th Jun 2004, 19:03
Try www.oceanairlines.com

Director of Flight Operations is at:

[email protected]

That's one cool website...

RampTramp
17th Jun 2004, 07:44
Trés cooool. If the managment is as good as the website designer, these guy's will do OK :D

RT

smartercharter
9th Jul 2004, 14:10
Not sure they are off to a good start with AFX B747 on ACMI deal

bacardi walla
10th Jul 2004, 07:38
....and I see Senor Bell has re-appeared from deepest darkest Africa.....

Director

An aviation professional, Linton Bell has extensive experience in airline operations in Europe, Africa and Asia.

:ok:

Thunderball 2
10th Jul 2004, 18:18
It's a galaxy of stars, in fact, isn't it?

But is that thumbs-up smilie conveying a hint of sarcasm, barcardi walla? Is Senor Bell the gentlemen from Zambia?

Boss Raptor
11th Jul 2004, 08:31
One wonders whether Mr. Bell told his new friends of the Kyrgiz Air mess he left in Bishkek and that he was apparently asked to resign according to press reports...

Or the circumstances in South Africa, Airquarius and before that Zambia Express...

Somehow doubt it :hmm:

bacardi walla
11th Jul 2004, 11:01
Thunderball 2 Might be.......:rolleyes:
Boss raptor I doubt it too, very much doubt it......:rolleyes:

Thunderball 2
13th Jul 2004, 23:46
I heard today - admittedly third-hand - that Ocean are commencing service in the next few weeks using "an AFX B747-200" on a wet-lease basis using "a Bangladeshi AOC and Bangladeshi traffic rights". Presumably it's a sixth-freedom operation over Dacca to China or HKG?

I presume that the reference to "AFX" is actually to Mr PB. Also that the aircraft are the ancient CK B747-200F/-7Js that have been on the market for a while since they bought the two 1981 ex-CAL -7Qs about 18 months ago.

Sounds like a great operation, anyway. I imagine technical despatch reliability will be up there with the very best.

smartercharter
14th Jul 2004, 11:45
Hmmm this is the one that carved some interesting lines in the runway at CAI this year, bursting all the mains, then remaining there for some time!

Kallitta looked at taking the aircraft on..............but even they said no, as it is in such a technical mess!

The conversion carried out on this a/c means that it can only carry 90 tonnes - as the floor cannot take any single pallett over 5T!

Not reliable - and when it does work - you cannot use the a/c to maximise your revenue........hmmmmm good choice PB!

bacardi walla
29th Jul 2004, 17:05
Thunderball 2 you mentioned......
Sounds like a great operation, anyway. I imagine technical despatch reliability will be up there with the very best
How exactly have you come to that conclusion ?

Thunderball 2
29th Jul 2004, 22:29
baracadi walla

My comment was deeply sarcastic, which I assumed would be immediately apparent.

Should I therefore take it that you realized this and are challenging mny cynicism?

bacardi walla
30th Jul 2004, 07:44
I too was being sarcastic so we are on the same lines.
With LB involved, I doubt very much it will last, not with his track record to go on......;) Mind you, he's only in a minority position so will probably be sussed out sooner rather than later...

Thunderball 2
31st Jul 2004, 09:54
I don't know anything about LB except that he was involved in Zambia Express. But the guy's obviously got quite a reputation...can he really be THAT bad??!!:confused: :D

scoobydo
2nd Aug 2004, 13:23
You guys seem to have it in for LB......... I know the guy and have worked with him in more than one country and he is well thought of by lots of people....... Suggest you get your facts right before your gossip gets out of line.

Thunderball 2
2nd Aug 2004, 21:50
Thanks, Scoobydoo - a post like yours is exactly the mechanism by which balance is restored. I have no axe to grind about him at all, but when people single someone out and start using terms like "sussed out" you begin to wonder what the poor guy's done to deserve it.

It's a small industry and it's good to know who is a "safe pair of hands", that's all. I've done business with three or four people in the last 15 years who together have cost me serious money and heartache, and I would have given a lot to have had some warning of what they were really about.

fatmantoo
21st Aug 2004, 09:17
I agree, if c.k didn't want it how can afx expect good reliability?
I hear they (afx) left their mark on the taxiway at manston in the form of an oil slick. good start eh?

Jes
23rd Aug 2004, 16:48
I've posted it to the AFX thread, but I'll repeat it. The dreaded S2-ADT reappeared at Manston on Saturday, and is still there.

fatmantoo
23rd Aug 2004, 19:26
It appears that it is parked up,
maybe more maint by m.j.s

Ernst Blofeld's Cat
23rd Aug 2004, 22:12
Actually the "oil slick" was a can of skydrol spilled by one of the engineers, oh dear terrible start! :D

Flight Detent
25th Aug 2004, 10:56
Hi all,
As a result of this thread, I went to the OCEAN AIRWAYS website and made a bid for a flight crew position (I have 5,000 hrs B747 Classic time), but have had no response at all!

Must be flush with crew, or contracting everything out!

Cheers,

FD

davina
6th Nov 2004, 08:02
s2-adt is currently grounded since 4/11 after safety inspection at EHBK.

3MTA3
6th Nov 2004, 18:18
Flight Detent, 2 questions:
-Are you an EU passeport holder?
-Do you have a JAR licence with the 747 rating on it?
If you match those 2 criterias, you will get called out. If not, sorry but the chances are slim