PDA

View Full Version : CTC - Alex / Mike / Chris

SteveAv
4th Jun 2004, 09:08
Just wanted to say a BIG WELL DONE to you guys.

Wanted to say it in person on Thursday but there was no sign of you for ages, so decided to head home.

Hope Friday went well in the SIM for you all.

Very disappointed not to be there with you, but it was nice to meet you all. That also applies to Matt, Paddy & Grant. All great people.

This is my first post to PPRUNE after years of reading it, so it's nice to be able to congratulate people.

I'll continue to monitor pprune and will hopefully see you guys all successfully fulfill your ambition.

Thanks also to the assessors on the day for making it as enjoyable and relaxed as possible.

Good Luck in the future all.:ok:

Steve

busz
5th Jun 2004, 08:56
Thankyou very much Steve. Luckily we did all make it through at the simulator so should be heading out to New Zealand in October (conditional on medical). Everybody at stage 3 seemed very capable and i was suprised that more of you guys didnt make it through.

I wish you, as well as Paddy, Grant and Matt all the best in whatever you do.

Regards, Alex:ok:

donder10
5th Jun 2004, 18:08
Congrats Busz and all the others who have got in.
One quick question if you don't mind:how long did the whole CTC procedure take from phase 1 to being told you were going to NZ?
Thanks,Alex

Mattd
5th Jun 2004, 21:34
Hi Steve!

Well done to Chris, Alex and Mike!

I really was disappointed about the failure, but down and not out!

I asked Sue for my feedback today, hopefully I should have it soon, hopefully we'll be able to compare ours ;) Although, I did agree with Paddy's comments about the feedback, why not then and there? I can fully understand him being as miffed as he was!

Matt

ChrisEmpey
6th Jun 2004, 16:57
Hey,

Thanks Steve, Matt. - Im sure you'll be able to re-apply. Well pleased I passed, the sim check was good fun (737-700), though a lot was expected of us. ("your at 5020 ft, not 5000 - sort it out!" as the captain would say). The standard expected sky rocketed after busz did so well, he went first. Thanks for that Alex!

£420 on the medical now at Gatwick. This is one expensive selection process. Looking forward to getting that over with (I hate doctors and all things hospital) then off to NZ in October or maybe earlier if they need to fill a course unexpectedly.

donder 10.

The process is actually amazingly quick. A few months after stage 1 you'll go for stage 2. You will find out later on that day whether you passed stage 2, or maybe the following morning. Stage 3 will follow 2 weeks after phase 2 approx and you will find out the result of that phase the same day obviously cause the sim is the next day, again immediate feedback. Very quick, very efficient.