PDA

View Full Version : a question for the professionals

southern25
2nd Jun 2004, 18:12
Recently i've read an article in an aviation related magazine , which i am sure is known to everyone, where the author claimed that the future in aviation industry is very promising for the pilots, so i would like to ask what the majority of professional pilots believe about it.Also he mentioned that there is a strong demand for European pilots in places like Asia.Is it possible for a fATPL holder to find employment in an airline like Emirates for example?Thanks in advance

redsnail
2nd Jun 2004, 19:10
I haven't read the article however, but if you have a good read in these forums and others you'll probably find a different spin on what was written. The industry is slowly dragging itself out of the dire straights it found itself in a few years ago. North America is still lagging behind in the return to profitability.
A strong demand in Asia? Well, I know a lot of Australian and New Zealand pilots are running around in Asia working pretty hard. Most Asian companies want a fair bit of experience. Cathay and Dragonair have been taking a few EU pilots.
As for Emirates? You'll need a couple of thousand hours, they prefer jet time or military time. I don't think they accept 200 hour pilots.

Good luck.