PDA

View Full Version : FAA licence issue waiting

thecoltster
1st Jun 2004, 22:57
I've just completed an FAA CPL ME IR out in the states.
Does anyone know how long the FAA guys usually take to isse the licence?
Ta in advance.

COLT

gabu
1st Jun 2004, 23:05
The FAA issue your license within 60 days, though it is suggested that if you have not recieved it 2 weeks before the end of the 60 day period you should contact your FTO who should in turn contact the examiner of your last check ride and he should investigate the issue.

all the best

PicMas
2nd Jun 2004, 03:46
If you are a foreigner, it may take a bit longer. I did my ATP checkride in early April, and haven't received the license yet.

Charlie Zulu
2nd Jun 2004, 08:58
Can't remember how long the temporary airman certificate lasts for but you should have your licence back before the end of the validity of the temporary one.

I completed my FAA CPL Checkride on the 31st July 2003, the FAA IR checkride being taken four days previously on the 27th July 2003.

One day towards the end of September I received two letters from the FAA... yes that's two letters on the same day. Uh oh I thought, this doesn't look good.

Anyway opened the first one and it was my FAA PPL/IR certificate and hurridly opened the second letter to find my FAA CPL/IR enclosed.

What a waste of international postage!! The examiner was the same one, they probably received the applications for both certificates on the same day in Oklahoma... Still I didn't have to pay the FAA for the issue of the certificates so I'm not to grumble.

By the way if you haven't got a full FAA certificate yet then they are of the credit card type... very neat.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

thecoltster
2nd Jun 2004, 11:05
Thanks all,

sounds about right, my examinier did say that us foriegners got priority over the US guys...I couldn't understand that one .... perhaps BS?
Look forward to getting the card....seems alot handier but then again easier to loose than my JAA one....
Regards

COLT

Blinkz
2nd Jun 2004, 11:07
Whats the point of doing a FAA cpl? Can you work in the US?

minus273
2nd Jun 2004, 15:49
Hey there,

I think that the temporary certificate is valid for 120 days. I had one of mine take 121 days to arrive, my CFII which I needed to teach Ground school so was not amused.

Weird world

All of my new ones have only taken a month max to arrive.

Charlie Zulu
2nd Jun 2004, 17:43
Hi Minus,

You could have completed an IGI written test (to all intents and purposes the same as the CFII), visited your local friendly FSDO and had an IGI certificate issued, that would have solved the teaching of the ground school problems (You would have been exempt from another FOI test).

;)

Somone asked what the point in having an FAA CPL. Well you have to have an FAA CPL/IR before you can gain an FAA CFI / CFII or MEI instructor rating. Guess what I'm doing next year when I've finished my JAA ATPL written exams.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

Blinkz
2nd Jun 2004, 18:03
yea but if your not allowed to work in the US then theres not much point in any FAA licence is there?

minus273
2nd Jun 2004, 18:03
Hi CZ

Well I was just going to get them to fax me a temp, but the CFII ticket turned up the day after so was not a problem.

I was not going to pay $70 for the IGI when I can teach on my CFII. Anyways that was over 3 years ago and I am no longer instructing. woo hoo.

Back to studying for me, got an interview tomorrow to fly planes with turbines in. So I no longer have to pretend when I am flying my PA28 with a student that we are not really in a jet.

Well back to figuring out what the red button does when you press it.