PDA

View Full Version : EFL school - advice needed !

invisiblemoon
1st Jun 2004, 22:02
Hello

Now that i'm at the end of the ATPL subjects, i have to think more closely to the near futur and i really need your advice.

I'm a french guy and like a lot of my chaps i really need to improve my english because english is just mandatory for all of us !

In a more specifical way, MCC seems to be much more appealing in UK than in France where you can expect to pay a lot more for less.

I know the type of sim is quite irrevelant for MCC but would you pay for Fnpt2 when you could have FFS for the same price (accomodation inclued) ?

So i need to improve myself not only for general career purpose but also to be able to success to a MCC course (and perhaps a FI rating)

"Time is running" (i'm now 28 years old) and i want to progress as quickly as possible.

My CPL/IR is booked here in France but i want to go in UK as soon it'll be completed and i'm looking for an EFL school to push my english level to the standards required.

I've heard about some schools accredited by British Council (Oise, Regent ...) but that's usually a lot of money involved and i don't want to spend that sort of cash without further insight.

I though to go without further english lessons but i must keep in mind that part of the selection process at AF is purely academical english (few conversationnals skills are required), that's why i think a structured course will suit better to my goals :E

Any advice will be very appreciated :ok:

And sorry for my english :{