PDA

View Full Version : Monarch advice pls

redadair
1st Jun 2004, 18:01
Still chasing Monarch. Have been for the last 3 years! Am advised Colin Pound is NOT the chap to write to.
Would any Monarch Pilot in the know pls advise
Regards

Cumulonimbus
1st Jun 2004, 19:38
Redadair

Ouch!! (Cringe ), you won't find anyone of that name in Spotty M, or if you do, unlikely to be the person you should be writing to.

There is a Captain Martin Pound, who indeed would be a good person to write to, concerning pilot recruitment. If you are going to spend three years pursuing what you believe is a worthwhile cause, may I respectfully suggest that you take the time to do your research properly? It would take a 10 second phone call to the receptionist to ensure you have the correct name of the person you wish to send your CV to. That 10 second call would save you lots of postage over a 3 year period.

I don't wish to be unkind, but some people might take offence that you have not had the foresight to find out their correct name. Luckily for you, knowing Martin, he is not the sort of fella that would take offence, but others might!

Also, Monarch is a highly sought after airline and many have had to perservere over a long time, before suddenly they find they meet the current need or criteria the airline are looking for. That was my experience and also the experience of many others I know.

You need to judge how frequently you can update them of your circumstances, without becoming a proverbial 'pain in the *ss'. A nice, friendly CV update every 6 months or so, or any time if your situation/experience has changed in some material way will never be frowned upon, but someone pestering the life out of any airline, wanting to know why they have not been accepted after 3 years of CV bombardment is the quickest way to ensure your CV gets binned the moment the Chief Pilot sees your name. I'm not suggesting you have done so and this is only intended as some friendly advice.

Cheers

Cb