PDA

View Full Version : A bit of advice

stuart citytilidie
31st May 2004, 17:23
Hello all,

I am 16 and in the middle of my gcse's and i would like to be an airline pilot. I would just like some advice on how to achieve my goal. ANY advice would be greatly appriceated

witchdoctor
31st May 2004, 17:56
Try the wannabee forum.

stuart citytilidie
31st May 2004, 17:58
Thanks for the info !!!!!!!

I thought a proffesional pilot would be able to give me some

no need to be smart

i have a post on the wannabe section aswel i just wanted some info from a pro pilots point of view

Crosswind Limits
31st May 2004, 18:19
No need to get upset Stuart! That's the place you need to go to if you want that kind of information. Plenty of airline pilots post in wannabes!

stuart citytilidie
31st May 2004, 18:27
I wasnt getting upset !!!!!!!!!

your a pilot so why cant you give me any info. Why does it have to be done from the wannabes page ?

Please any info from a pro pilot would be fantastic !!!!!!!

747Dryvr
31st May 2004, 18:43
Stuart hello,

First of all start looking into flight schools. Then start educating yourself on the daily life of a pilot. Look at all the good and bad.

You will have bad sceds for many years until you build senority and so on. You will be gone from home quite a bit also.

There are many books out there. Like so you want to be an airline pilot. Just educate yourself and then go for it. I think it is a goo time for you to get into this field because it will take you approx 5-7 years worth of good exp before you can go to work for a major airline. So you will be in good shape by mid twenties. Also first go to colloge and get your 4 year degree which is almost mandatory anymore.

Well thats a start to your question my friend.

I am currently on the A320 but also flew the 747 for 12 years and DC-9 and 727.

If there is anything specific you need answered please email me.

Take Care,
Brian

CR2
1st Jun 2004, 14:24
747Dryvr has made a couple of good points:

start educating yourself

first go to colloge and get your 4 year degree

I think you'll find that advice quite useful.

rgds