PDA

View Full Version : Just failed my Class One Renewal (Audiogram)

flyingdogguitar
30th May 2004, 19:21
Hello Everyone,
Have just failed my Class One Renewal Audiogram today!! Feeling pretty low at the moment as I'm sure you'll all understand.
Was just getting ready to start my ATLP studies, selecting flying schools etc. Not really sure where I go from this point on, also looks as if I may get maid redundant from my current employer within the next year or so (Not aviation related).
The AME who I saw today was a nice chap, and said he would write to the Medical people down at the big grey building and put my case to them. But I don't hold agreat deal of hope on that one.

Any support gratefully recieved

Dave

simmatt
30th May 2004, 21:22
I have sent you a private message. Good luck!

High Wing Drifter
31st May 2004, 07:01
flyingdogguitar,

I am sure we all live in fear of some unexpected medical problem. I really hope you get around this somehow.

Best of luck,
HWD.

mad_jock
31st May 2004, 09:57
Sorry to hear m8.

Only good thing i can think of is that you hadn't shelled out heaps of cash for an IR etc before this bad news.

My hearing has got noticably worse since i started flying. So much so I bought an ANR headset at xmas. It does make a huge difference. One of the other FO's had their hearing check and there was a noticible drop on the engine freqs.

MJ

Jimmy89
31st May 2004, 11:28
Sorry to hear about the bad news. I haven't had a class 1 yet but going to do one soon. If you haven't seen my other post, I have a little itchy ear problem thing.... =( my right ear gets itchy inside when I listen to things for a minute and then it works fine. Hopefully I'll be alright and hopefully you'll get over this and then get your class 1! We must not lose hope... :-) cheer up...

Jimmy