PDA

View Full Version : Air Ecosse / Peregrine / Malinair / Aberdeen Airways

Findo
29th May 2004, 20:21
I should know all of this but maybe I spent too many afternoons in the Runway Inn being charmed by Rose and crew. :O

Can anyone say if all the above airlines were related and if so when did they merge and finally cease ? :{

cringe
30th May 2004, 13:58
Air Ecosse: 1977-1987. Taken-over by Peregrine AS.

Aberdeen Airways: 1969-1992. Formed as Peregrine AS. Acquired by Air Provence & former Royal Jordanian CEO.

The above is from web sources only.

BOAC
30th May 2004, 16:18
I think Malinair was an Irish initiative? As such not related I guess to the others. I recall spending a pleasant half-day on Skye with my air taxi talking to the Malinair Islander pilot as we were both setting up our AOCs under the same CAA ops inspector. That would have been about 1984/5 and I have a feeling they ceased trading in 1986?

100above
31st May 2004, 14:42
Findo

Dont know about any connection between Peregrine and Aberdeen Airways, but there were links between Malinair and Air Ecosse. Malinair was formed in Glasgow in summer of 1985 and later began operating from Glasgow to Carrickfinn (now Donegal Airport) using a BN2 islander. A planned expansion saw the recruitment of a number of ex Air Ecosse staff, including Malinair's General Manager. In summer of 1986 Malinair began operating the former Air Ecosse Aberdeen-Glasgow-Belfast service with a leased Dornier 228 using Ecosse's route licence and WG flight code. By the summer of 1987 Malinair had 3 Bn2s and 3 Do.228s on a mix of daytime schedule/charter and night mail flights with ambitious plans for a total of 7 Dorniers, but the company ceased operations in the autumn of 1987.

Croqueteer
2nd Jun 2004, 12:13
Findo, you must be past the first flush of youth if you remember being served by Rose! Good fun days .